cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loadin data Adaptive RFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

In some WD we call a RFC to load huge information, it takes too much time of r/3 ABAP processing.

To minimize this time, we are working to rebuild ABAP code, creating index, creatin new structures ....

But right now this time is so big, so we want to show a Loading View while a RFC is loading.

What is the best way to do that??

I created a Loading view and set as default window,  in wdDoInit I call the plug to change the View.

But where i can call the Component Controller function to load by RFC the data, and still see the loading message (after reendering that) and before change the screen to white again before rendering the other View.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

We decide to improve the code and now is faster.

Also i think the best is creating a loading view and use a time trigger to call RFC.

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

breake those information into dc's....and then make a dc which would contain the application with whole structure..that you can develop my giving tabs into the wd application....create dummy iview's for each tab which would actually call the correspoding dc's using the help of controller...you can write a whole different controller for this....this way, when you run the application, only the dummy iviews would be loaded and by clicking on the tabs only the actual iview would be loaded by calling corresponding dc's...give a try this...this would take some time as it's a whole architecture structure change....but you have time, so go ahead

cheers,

sen

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a good logic but just thought with in 1 min(may be its a foolish thought).

Make one loading iview. when it displays call RFC's by raising some event and move to next iview.

So till RFC execute, it will show first iview.