Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom alert configuration in PI 7.0

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone guide me about the custom alert configuration in SAP PI 7.0 .....Let me tell you that standard AE & IE alert configuration has been done and it is working fine...Standard alert is working properly and reaching to the intended recipient...No issue with that....

...My requirement  is that I want to throw specific alert message from the UDF based on some conditions..Is it possible for anyone to share me standard alert code or  tell some blog list so that I can fit it to my requirement.....

Thanks

Ayan Chaudhuri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Raja's suggestions, I want to share few ideas.

You can go so deep at various level to extract data and do the business validation using java mapping. Using java mapping you can set many catch blocks for the required business requirements. Use try with multiple catch blocks and in each catch block derive messages for specific area of business validation and write it on the file. Specify your java mapping as the last mapping in the operation mapping.

Use File to Mail adapter scenario and poll those error files on the sender. On the receiver side use mail adapter to send the file content message as mail with configured recipients. We do this type of  customized alerts in our interfaces.

Hope that helps.

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnks all for the reply.......Java mapping can't be used here due to some restriction.....I have compiled the UDF code for alert generation...The code is working PI 7.1..But the same code is not working in PI 7.0.....It is showing  an error   'class' or 'interface' expected.....

So I am asking any package to be imported in the UDF /any setting etc. etc. required in 7.0....If required, I will share the code that I have written.......

Thanks

Ayan Chaudhuri

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Compile your java code using JDK 1.4 version .

What is thejar fileS are using in UDF?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Few cents...

Please check your closing brace } and opening brace { matches properly. I think you have one extra brace open or close. That is causing this issue. Check carefully.

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

yes.....its a brace problem.......now getting some errors related to cannot resolve symbol....not able to find  class RfcAccessor/channel/Lookupservice/Lookupexception etc. etc......Anypackage/library to be required?...Please guide.......

Note: I am compiling the code in the UDF window of message mapping....

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont required any Jar files, you have to correct your code may be some syntac errors.

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

yes..there is some syntax problem..it got rectified...

ayan_chaudhuri
Participant
0 Kudos

We can close the discussion..

Thanks

Ayan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using mail adapter we can achieve your requirement.

you have two options

1)Using JAVA Mapping

2)UDF.

but i would prefer using JAVA Mapping because we will have more flexiblity to do condition checks.

explore in sdn you will find related stuff.

Former Member
0 Kudos