cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC - PI - Salesforce scenario

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement in which I have to pass data from ECC to Salesforce using PI. It will be a FILE to SOAP scenario. I have read multiple materials regarding SAP Salesforce integration but I can't seem to find a scenario wherein data is being passed to Salesforce. I saw a very good material by Prasanna Vittal but in the sample, the timestamp is being retrieved. No data from ECC is being transferred.

Here's my complete scenario:

SAP will transfer SD data via File. PI will retrieve the file and map it against the WSDL provided by Salesforce. PI will need to send a login request to Salesforce and Salesforce will be sending a session ID. This session ID must be included in the mapped WSDL that will be sent to Salesforce.

Thanks in advance all.

Regards,

SAPEnthusiast

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go to transfer dato from ECC to PI, the better way is to create an ABAP-PROXY.

If you decide to use an ABAP proxy i notice you, some information:

XI

vijaya kumari's blog (Also, don't forget to "like" or rate (or both) the blog in case you find it useful.)

http://scn.sap.com//people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

PI 7.1

Section: 1. Proxy Runtime Configuration Guide

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ac1a33-debf-2c10-45bf-fb19f6e15...

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Enthusiast,

In addition to what Iñaki has already mentioned about the sender side, here is how I would develop the receiver part. Since you need to call two separate SOAP web services (one to get the session ID and the only then the "main" one), you could think of developing it as a BPM scenario. But there is one more solution that is much more simple and I would personally prefer it over BPM. You can call the first web service during graphical mapping, in a UDF, like described here: . Then you just map the session ID received to the target message normally. As a result, your scenario becomes a "normal" file-to-SOAP or rather proxy-to-SOAP (as suggested by Iñaki).

Hope this helps,

Greg