cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA request deletion - Upgrade from 7.0 to 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded our BW system from 7.0 to 7.3. There were few requests in 0employee_attr PSA which were present before upgrade. But now after upgrade these requests are not getting deleted. We have tried to delete these requests: 1) manually i.e. manage of the PSA and then delete and 2) using Process Chain....but these requests do not get deleted. Please let me know how we can delete these obsolete requests.

Thanks,

Sreehari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Got the solutuon!

RSAR_PSA_CLEANUP_DIRECTORY was used to correct the partition issue of the data source. After this, RSTSODSPART deletion indicator was removed and then using manage of data source removed the entry.

Thank you Chandu and Vasant for the help!

Regards,

Sreehari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member213525
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sainath,

I wanted to understand how did you deleted/modified  the entries from table RSTSODSPART ? Please let me know?

Sam

former_member189153
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

RSTSODSPART is a system table you can change the value using simple ABAP program but it is not recommended. You can do this with T Code – SPRO.

Regards

M Ramesh

former_member213525
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh, I have never done this could you please let me know the steps?

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check if any new authorisations are needed..

check SU53 screenshot and add those authorisation objects in developer profile..

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am having SAP ALL auth in the system so I think authorization should not be an issue. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sreehari

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if any specific access required or SAP note..

you can also delete this through following system table...check following thread..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1899420

if issue persists check with SAP...

Thanks and regards

Kiran

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

Do you get any error on deletion of PSA?

Check note 1489064

Regards
Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Thanks for the reply. Yes. I am getting an error:

Deletion of Request REQU_4PIRA2LKGEB4PMJAMDE27KQ4H cancelled due to internal error

The Note: 1489064 does not mention about this error. Have you seen such error before?

Thanks,

Sreehari

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check system logs in SM21 if you can get any clue

2. Check for any dumps in ST22

3. Call SLG1 and against External ID give *REQU_4PIRA2LKGEB4PMJAMDE27KQ4H*

See if you can get why the deletion is getting failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

I tried to check the logs as mentioned (all 3 points), but I am not seeing any logs. Is there anything else I must try?

Thanks,

Sreehari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried deleting 4 requests in 0employee_attr. Here, 3 requests got deleted successfully (these requests were created after the BW Upgrade) and the last one i.e. the one that was present before the upgrade still did not get deleted.

After this I checked ST22 and SM21, I did not find any logs here. When I checked SLG1, I found 3 successful deletion requests but no logs for the request: REQU_4PIRA2LKGEB4PMJAMDE27KQ4H which is still not deleted.

Please let me know what else I can try.

Thanks,

Sreehari

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check table RSSELDONE and see if u find that request ID as mentioned.

Try to delete from there..

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Kiran: I tried this option i.e. deleting the request from RSSELDONE table in my dev system but it only removes the "technical name of infopackage" from the request and doesnt delete the request completely.

I found the problem that I am facing right now but did not get the solution:

Problem: For a PSA request deletion, the request is first deleted logically (from table RSTSODSREQUEST) and is given a deletion flag in PSA partitioning administration (table RSTSODSPART). In my case, the request that I am trying to delete is already marked for deletion in RSTSODSPART but has NOT been deleted from RSTSODSREQUEST. This is the reason why I cannot delete the request both manually and using process chain.

I have already tried to change the entry in RSTSODSPART Table and remove the Deletion Indicator in Debugging mode, but still I cant delete the request!

I searched in SCN and found the link: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1318496 that talks about RSAR_PSA_CLEANUP_DIRECTORY program. Will this solve the problem in repair mode since this is the exact problem I am facing?

Please let me know if there is any other way.

Thanks,

Sreehari

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to use function module or program to delete

http://scn.sap.com/thread/283148

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1102084

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2098064

Thanks and regards

Kiran