cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Proxy Async

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have File to proxy scenario where PI pulls the file every 60 seconds. Since this in EO scenario, message is picked up randomly.

Now we got some error due to which 2 of 7 queues  queue in ECC are blocked.

Since this was not monitored for some time, messages got stuck up in the queues, while other queues went fine.

We would like to process the queue but only issue is the order of messages will be gone. So the update to ECC would be out of sync.

Is there a way we can control this so that order is maintained & no harm is done to data.

I am guessing once i unlock the quque, all the messages would flow in one go creating order issue.

Thanks & Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also to understand the difference between EO and EOIO & to know when to apply this option in your scenarios, you might want to check experts replies on this thread and referenced sap help link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/210445

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign specific queue for this interface and use EOIO mechanism.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

As message are stuck in queue what you can do is clear the queue and try to resend the message from PI perhaps you know the order of message and also it depend on  how many message blocked.

And for next time as

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

The problem you mentioned looks like a serious problem with the general design of your interface. From what you are saying I understand that sequence does matter for your messages, although it was developed as QoS = EO. Is that correct? If so, you should not only think of solving this particular problem, but also to rebuild the whole scenario to process messages EOIO.

>>> I am guessing once i unlock the quque, all the messages would flow in one go creating order issue.

Well, not really. As the name says, this is a queue, so messages are taken from it one by one for further processing.

Hope this helps,

Greg