cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperion Essbase 11 and BOXI 3.1 SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone successfully created a Universe in BOXI 3.1 SP5 on Hyperion Essbase 11 cubes?

In the SAP BusinessObjects Enterpirse XI 3.1 SP5 for Windows - Supported Platforms document it clearly states under Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Dashbaord and Analytics Data Sources that the following Data Connectors are supported:

Hyperion Essbase API 7.1.x

Hyperion Essbase client 9.0

Hyperion Essbase client 9.2

Hyperion Essbase client 9.3

Hyperion Essbase client 11

I've installed the Essbase 11 client on the Business Objects server and try to create a universe and connection from the server. I don't get an option for Hyperion Essbase 11.

I select Hyperion Essbase 9 - Essbase Provider and get the following:

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Searched internally and found that Essbase 9 middleware when used to connect to Essbase 11 DB it works. May be you can try the same. Install Essbase 9 middleware on the server and check.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Madhumitha L Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhumitha,

Thanks for the response. Sounds like a work around but I'll keep it in my back pocket. Has anyone else had success?

regards,

John

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like you, if v11 is listed in the PAM, i would expect a driver option (dropdown) in the client tool.

Do you have another Universe Designer build to try ?

Otherwise, it would be great if you could log a call with SAP Support.  This looks like a defect, or undocumented workaround..

Regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I raised a case with SAP and got this to work. I can now get data from Hyperion in Webi and publish to BOBJ Enterprise. The solution was to install the Hyperion Essbase 11 client tools (32 bit version) on the BOBJ server.

When creating the connection use the Hyperion Essbase 9 driver.

regards,

John