cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel driver to Connect to Hana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have just finished installing Hana SPS3 sever. Trying to consume data in excel. There are a lot of how to documents and blogs talking about SAP Hana MDX connector and there are screen shots of excel showing it. I have installed Hana Studio and Hana Client software on my machine but no luck of seeing the HANA MDX driver. Also in the swdc the "HANA client for Excel" has no software in it. Is it only released for SAP internal or has it been released for customers / partners.

Path to  "HANA client for Excel" is service.sap.com/swdc   Browse Download Catalog under "Support Packages and Patches" .

-> P NetWeaver and complementary products -> SAP HANA ->  SAP HANA ENTERPRISE EXT. EDIT -> SAP HANA ENTERPRISE EXT. 1.0 ->Entry by Component ->

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_umarwadia2
Participant

Do you see the ODBC driver while creating a DSN within the Windows control panel? Do you see the JDBC driver in IDT? That would tell us whether the client install was defective. The software is under:

Support Packages and Patches - H" SAP HANA ENTERPRISE EXT. EDIT." SAP HANA ENTERPRISE EXT. 1.0" Entry by Component" SAP HANA client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I see the ODBC driver while creating a DSN. I also see JDBC driver in IDT.

I am on a windows 7 64 Bit PC so I installed the 64 bit client.

I created a DSN with driver HDBODBC. Then in exel data source creation I can see this DSN when I select ODBC DSN in excel 2010 and can select the DSN created above with HDBODBC driver.

However still no luck with SAP HANA MDX connection in excel.

Thanks

Sanjay

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

One point, you should not select ODBC DSN, but should select "Other / Advanced" data source in the "Other datasources".

In the "Other / Advanced" data sources, you should find "SAP HANA MDX Provider".

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I already tried that and could not see SAP HANA MDX Provider so I created this message. I am on a windows 64 bit machine and have installed Hana Client for 64 Bit .

Thanks

Sanjay

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I think I misunderstood your statement " I select ODBC DSN in excel 2010".

Can you raise an OSS note for the same ?

I am not sure about the drivers compatibility for 64 bit OS. Is there a possibility for you to check on 32 bit Windows machine ?

I have 32 bit Windows machine and MDX interface works fine for me. I have client with revision 26.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks. Yes I have riased a meesage to SAP asking why the HANA Client for Excel is not available to download. May be this client is for 64 BIT machines.

I do not have a 32 bit machine to try it.

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I checked my MS office and it is still a 32 bit version on a MS Windows 64 Bit.

I uninstalled the HANA 64 Bit client and installed the 32 Bit Client and restarted my machine and it works.

I had tried 32 BIT client earlier but with no restart. Thanks very much for your help.

Sanjay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Did you find the solution to problem because I also need same as you were looking for.

Kind Regards,

Ishan Mukewar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't have the details nor had a chance to test it but i did notice a separate installation for Excel interface in addition to what has been bundled with the client install in the past.