cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Decimals - Change to 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Here is the scenario - DP is in monthly buckets. I want to release to SNP and ECC in weekly buckets. Using the Period Split profile puts the values in decimals. (Product UOM is 'EA' and Planning Area UOM is also 'EA'). I believe that I can change this behaviour if I change the number of decimal places in the Unit of Measure from default of 3 to 0 (in transaction CUNI).

Question is - Is there any downside of changing the number of decimals for EA Unit of Measure to 0 ? WIll this affect DP disaggregation, macro calculations,etc? Especially in a Live system. Any impact on other APO modules like SNP ?

Rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

SAP stores the value with 3 decimals in liveCache irrespective of UoM decimal places. With respect to DP and SNP, the UoM decimal places affect the display only (based on data view settings). The SAP's rounding logic and key fig settings impact the aggregation and disaggregation. So, your change to EA does not impact DP and SNP macros working and other standard functionality.

The following is an interesting SAP note on customization of UoM decimals discussing about the impact on display. 

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/931971

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

Thanks for your reply. When you say " The SAP's rounding logic and key fig settings impact the aggregation and disaggregation." - Could you explain a bit more - Which rounding logic are you referring to? And by key figure settings are you talking about the number of decimal places in Planning Area definition or the key figure display settings in the Planning Book/ Data View ?

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

Thanks for your reply. When you say " The SAP's rounding logic and key fig settings impact the aggregation and disaggregation." - Could you explain a bit more - Which rounding logic are you referring to? And by key figure settings are you talking about the number of decimal places in Planning Area definition or the key figure display settings in the Planning Book/ Data View ?

Rishi Menon

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rishi,

Please refer the following link for a good example on disaggregation and rounding.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/26/53f1f3758211d398490000e8a49608/frameset.htm

PA key fig settings allow you to define how many decimals are to be considered to persist (max 3 decimals). Data view level settings are related to display.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Answers (0)