cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Number Assignment in Vendor Account Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I haved checked the External number assignment option in Number range for the Vendor Account Group.

Defined number range is Numerical(ex.000000001 to 0000000100 ) and however i need to create Vendor externaly and system in not considering the external vendor number .

Assigned the Number Range to Vendor account group.

I need to create the vendor externaly(eg: SLogistics )

Pls advice.

Regards,

Nani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I understand that we need to give external number assignment from the defined range only,

but how ever i need to create with alphabets for the particular vendor...

Tried to create a differnet Vendor group with different number range like AAA....to ZZZZ... but system needs only Numeric numbers..

Message " Please enter Numeric Number "

Any advice..

Nani

former_member184631
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani Y ,

Have you ticked the check box of external number range while defining the number range.

This msg " Please enter Numeric Number " usually comes if the checkbox has not been ticked.

Honey

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you enter the vendor number or did you leave the vendor number field empty when creating the vendor?

in case of external number ranges you have to enter the number yourself, SAP does not pick the number itself from this number range.

if you left the number empty, then SAP pulled the new number from internal number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

I have entered external Vendor Number as "Slogistics" but getting error message as

"Enter a number between "000000001 to 0000000100"

Again the external option is ticket for the number range and assigned to Vendor group.

Nani

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since in External range you have given all Numeric, that's the reason it is not accepting 'Alphabets', Try maintaining the No. range as "00000.. to ZZZZZ...' or "AAAA... to 9999...."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tej,

It is allowing only Numeric number to enter while creating number range ...

Advice pls..

Nani..

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you changed the External number range with Alphabets,

Try this in external no. range AAAAAAAAAAA - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the External no range for vendor in T-code XKN1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I understand that we need to give external number assignment from the defined range only,

but how ever i need to create with alphabets for the particular vendor...

Tried to create a differnet Vendor group with different number range like AAA....to ZZZZ... but system needs only Numeric numbers..

Message " Please enter Numeric Number "

Let me know is it possible to enter alphabets as NUmber range ( ex AAAAAAA to ZZZZZZZZ)

Nani

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to enter alphabets as No. range, Maintain it & try