cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 701 and ERP compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I need to know if is possible connect SRM 7.01 multi-backend with 3 different backend versions.

1. ECC 600 EHP4

2. ECC 600

3. ERP 4.70

If is possible I need to understand wich functionality is included with each backend.

Per example I understand that Central Contract is not possible to implement it if the backend is not EHP4 or higher.

Thanks in advance,

Gax

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Gaston,

Yes, it is possible.

However, in order to use the new functionality such as Centralized Contracts, Complex Services Procurement, etc, it is a requirement to have ERP 6.0 with ENHP4.

As Josh mentioned in his previous e-mail, please check the SRm 7.0 / 7.01 guides found in SAP Marketplace. Hope this information was useful.

Regards,

Gilberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gilberto,

Do you know if other functionality as Contracts and Services go out with older versions?

Thanks!

Gax

0 Kudos

Hello Gaston,

Supported system types can be found in the definition of the System Landscape.

I verified my demo system which is 7.0, and ECC/ERP Versions 3.1H all the way to ERP 6 ENHP 5 (includes your 4.7 version). You will find this in configuration route IMG -> SRM -> SRM Server -> Technical Basic Settings -> Define System Landscape. When selecting your Logical system, you must also define the system type, which in your case, you should select "R/3_4.70".

I don't think you will find any impacts in functionality when using versions 4.7 to ERP 6 (without Enhancement Packages).

Regarding your other questions on functionality, SRM 7.0 and ECC 6.0 ENHP 4 leverage eSOA to integrate processes across SRM and MM, such as the Complex Service Scenario, Central Contract Management, and the Integrated Sourcing Scenario. For instance these scenarios are not be available in lower ERP releases.

Hope this information was useful. Please provide points for helpful answers.

Regards,
Gilberto Gallardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaston,

You should review the configuration guide and master guide for SRM to answer these questions regarding back-end scenarios with ECC / ERP.  You should also the document -

Guide for Auto. Config.: Connecting SAP SRM to SAP ERP.

The guides can be found here,

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Installation and Upgrade Guides -> SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP SRM -> SAP SRM Server 7.01

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read the Auto Congig guide, but nothing about 6.00 and 4.70 is mention. Please refer if you know any other document for following convinations ->

SRM 701 <--> ERP 470

SRM 701 <--> ECC600

Best Regards!

Gax