cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disposition of material with no inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings gurus,

We have a business need for dictating the disposition of received materials without inspection. Currently, we use the QIR to dictate disposition of received materials based on the Inspection Control. When the Inspection Control is No Inspection, then we fall back to the Logistics Handling Group on the Material Master. However, our QM department has a need to specify different Logistics Handling by vendor. So, for instance, material 12345 does not require inspection. However, upon receipt of that material, if it comes from vendor A, the material should be delivered to warehouse X, but if it comes from vendor B, then the material should be delivered to warehouse Y.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jeff,

I think you might want to ask this question over at the ERP Logistics - Materail Management space. Since for these materials you are not doing QM, the issue is wether or not you can designate a special warehouse location based on vendor.  I don't really know this but suspect you might be able to do something like that in WM.  

You might find some else here that might be able to answer your question, but while you are waiting for replies, I would post it over there.

FF