cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change requirement type automatically in Sales order

Hi

Need your input.

Material is maintained strategy group of combination of strategy 40 and 20.

40 is main strategy.Now when in an sales order if partial quantity is confirmed from the stock then user has to change the sales order by entering another line item with the unconfirmed quantity and reduce the first line item with confirm quantity.Then for second line item user has to change the requirement type KE to create purchase requisition to sales order linked after MRP run.

Now is there any way to change the requirement type KE automatically for the unconfirmed quantity or any other setting or solution to avoid this.

Client requirement is sales order should be confirmed from stock but if there is shortage purchase requisition should be created to sales order linked.

Thanks in advance

Nilanjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear on your requirement. When strategy group 40 is set in the material master, after confirming quantities in the sales order, the system can create planned order and further production order or purchase req for the balance open quantities depending on what value is assigned in the procurement type in the material master ->MRP2 view.

Can you check what is assigned in this field in material master?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi All

I am able to resolve the requirement.

Client requirement is sales order should be confirmed from stock but if there is shortage purchase requisition should be created to sales order linked.

I have created a new strategy copying strategy 20 and new requirement class by copying 40 with account assignment M and valuation A.

After creating sales order i transfer stock from unrestricted stock to sales order stock and then running sales order MRP.

So system generates PR for the shortage quantity linked with sales order.

Thanks

Nilanjan

Answers (0)