Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to delete model class?

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In my java webdynpro project I have one model "UserBapiModel" under that I have 6 Model Classes( 6 RFC's).

Now i have a situation to replace 2 RFC with new ones(Not modified ones its completely new ones).

I have explained the same in below picture.

I am in version 7.0

While re importing I am able to add new RFC's to that model.But the delete option is inactive.

Is it possible to delete model classes inside the model?

Thanks in advance,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Just a thought... try to delete them in Navigator tab under src/packages/ ... / *.wdmodelclass entries.

There you've an option to delete, and fyi I haven't tried this option .. just got it while checking randomly.

Check for other dependencies of the modelclass while deleting.. and lets know what happen.

Thanks,

MS

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

That good. But I have a doubt that whether it will create any problem?

Because this is deleting files without considering other dependencies.

Some time the generated links will check the existence of these files?

I am not strong in guessing those relations.

Can you able to guess that way?

Here I cant test this scenario.with 100% confidence I have to move it to quality.

So i have to think logically and to move forward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you copy/paste(export then import with a diff name) the WDJ project --> deploy it --> now remove the said modelclass files --> and re-deploy to check if there are any issues in deployment and application functionality afterwards.

Thanks,

MS

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

I got one simple solution.I have deleted whole model and recreated with the same stuff(name and package) with required RFC's. It worked fine without any error.

Answers (0)