cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointing webi reports to Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have built a universe and 200 webi reports related to same univ.I moved all the reports from Development to Production system(using LCM), When i tried to move the universe i am getting a partial success status.

So i moved it manually by taking it to local folder then publishing it to production system, now i want to link the reports to this universe.

I tried to open a report and change the universe from properties tab but it didn't work.

Can anyone help me out in this, i am stuck up here and the system has to go LIVE ASAP.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

When you are trying to open the  report are you getting any error message?

Instead of moving the universe manually, create .biar file with reports and the universe and then using the .biar file import all the reports and universe into your production environmnet.

Hope  this info will helps you.

Thanks,

Pramod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

I did that way even using upgrade management tool .biar files and also LCM .biar file but the universe is not getting migrated. I get this partial success even there when i import the .biar file.

That is the reason i have exported reports separately and universe manually.Generally we can point the report manually to a new universe, so i thought of doing that way by removing default universe property to the Universe i have migrated.

Error wise i am not getting any error, reports are opening fine but i can not refresh or edit.So can you tell me how to point this reports to the universe, is there any work around.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Are the edit and refresh buttons greyed out? What exactly happens when you try to edit the report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also what is the log for partial success?

Regards,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhumita,

They are not greyed out,  but when i click on refresh i am getting the below message:

error when trying to refresh the current report

couldn't retrieve the list of values

When i try to edit the report i am getting the following message:

this query cannot be edited.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution Status=Copied, Dependency Status=Some of the required dependencies are not selected., Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Trying to create an object with duplicate name. Id = 15642

Thanks& Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I guess there are already reports with the same name in the destination environment.

Please refer the KBA: 1481841

https://bosap-support.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/1481841

You can also change the name of the reports from the source environment.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Madhumitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The link u have sent is not opening....can u just check it once again plz

There are no reports of that name in destination even...

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Following is the content of the KB Article:

Cause:

Since the object already exist in the destination with the same name, but having a different CUID, the object is not replaced when promoted using LCM. The test promote may succeed, but the actual promotion with show partial success with Error message: 'Promotion Status=Failure : Trying to create an object with duplicate name. Id=XXXX

Resolution:

Login to the LCM using Enterprise Administrator account.

Delete the duplicate object from the destination environment which is having the different CUID.

Create a new Promotion job by selecting the correct source and destination server.

Save the Promotion Job.

Promote the Job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

thanks a lot will try the above way and will let u know the status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WOW

That worked out, u r right i already have a universe with same name, once i changed everything came on track.

Thanks a lot .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Madhumitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

First delete the universe in Production system.

1.First create DUMMY connection in Dev environment Connection should be Shared.

2.Change the connection from Secured to Shared(Which u have created Dummy)

3.Save in to Local Copy with the option called "shared to all"

4.Open the Universe in Production environment and change the connection[Use orginal connection "Secured".

5.Export the universe.

by this method it won't impact any thing.No changes in the Objects ID's and Universe ID.

Please try to this method. i have used this method in my project.

Thanks

Pullareddy Nemali.