cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no login data received" error with RFC from ECC 6.0 to NW 7.3 JAVA

deb_nugent2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Error with RFC from ECC 6.0 EhP4 ABAP Stack system to NW 7.3 EhP1 JAVA-only Stack system.

#2.#2012 05 03 09:46:57:368#0-400#Error#com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine#

#BC-MID-CON-JCO#rfcengine#C000AC190335004B0000000F00007FFA#506515650000001910##com.sap.engine.services.rfcengine.handleThrowable(Throwable t)####6CE42864952211E1A2650050569C0021#6ce42864952211e1a2650050569c0021#6ce42864952211e1a2650050569c0021#0#Thread[JCO.ServerThread-2,5,SystemThreadGroup]#Plain##

RfcException:

no login data received

Return code: RFC_FAILURE(1)

error group: 102

key: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Exception raised by sapserv50|ru1400

at com.sap.mw.rfc.api.RfcApi.rfcAbort(RfcApi.java:908)

at com.sap.mw.rfc.api.RfcApi.RfcAbort(RfcApi.java:949)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.abort(MiddlewareJRfc.java:592)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Server.abort(MiddlewareJRfc.java:1859)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Server.abort(JCO.java:7609)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Server.listen(JCO.java:7951)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Server.run(JCO.java:7768)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

#

We are trying to set up a JCo RFC Provider: JCo RFC Destination on the JAVA system. We have configured the JAVA system to use SNC to access the ABAP system. We are using the latest version of SAP integrated Secude libsecgss.so as our SNC library on both the JAVA system and on the ABAP system. We have set up the JCo RFC Destination to use a load balanced RFC destination configured on the JAVA system. This too is configured to use SNC. A ping test of the RFC destination tests cleanly and the JCo RFC Destination starts without errors and is in a running state.

I have made the ABAP system a trusted system for SSO login on the JAVA system. I have added the JAVA system as a trusted system to the ABAP system in /nstrust and it is listed in /nsnc0. I have configured the RFC destination on the ABAP system to use SNC. All of my certificates are signed by a CA that is trusted by both the ABAP and Java systems. The RFC on the ABAP system does not send assertion tickets. (Also tried setting it to send assertion tickets and got the same error.)

When I do a connection test from the ABAP system, I can see the above error in the /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace_00.#.trc file. I also have turned traces on both within the ABAP system for the RFC and in the JAVA system for the RFC and the JCo RFC. I do not get any additional information – only the message that “no login data received”.

I have set the Policy Configuration “ticket” within the JAVA instance to create and evaluate Login tickets and Assertion tickets  in addition to the Basic Password module. Our users normally log in with username / password. The user accounts are sourced from the ABAP system so the login name on both the Java and ABAP systems is the same.

If I totally remove SNC from the configuration on the JAVA instance, everything works without error. It is only when I enable SNC that I run into this error. We have never used SNC on RFC destinations before so this is the first time we are trying this.

Any ideas on what I am missing in the configuration that is causing the error?

Any hints as to what to check or how to get additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Deb Nugent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Apply SAP note 1616538 and see if it helps.

Regards,

David

deb_nugent2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank-you David! That did the trick.

We are at SAP Kernel 7.01 patch level 150 on our ECC system. We are planning on upgrading soon which will get us at or above 155. Since that is not immediate, I reset the parameter rdisp/early_snc_handshake to "0" per the note's suggestion. Once we change the kernel, I will reset the parameter back to "1".

Sorry to bother you. I did search SCN and SAPNet before posting but obviously missed that note. I do appreciate the pointer.

Deb Nugent.

Answers (0)