cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to file with out mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement, where I have to transfer txt files from one directory (FILE NFS) to another. I dont have to bother about content of the file, but i must make sure content should be there in files.

Using PI i have to move files from source to destination with out doing any transformation as it is I have to move the files.

eg: soure location : 10.100.343.33/brand/sour/georgia   (filenameIDIDID.txt text files are available in georgia folder )

I have to put it to

target location: 10. 100.341.76/usa/nj/peeto (filenameIDIDID.txt)

br

S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Investigatte why message status red in moni, may be you have given wrong name in  configurtaion obeject(like service interface name).

I never had problem with this kind of interface

Best Regards,

Raj

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

you  following link might help u.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Regards

Gagandeep

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi swarna,

Look William Li's blog http://scn.sap.com//people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-wi...

that deals similar issue.

(Also, don't forget to "like" or rate (or both) the blog in case you find it useful.)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, but the message status are RED. I dont want these RED messages in production. Its dangerous . Am I true.

br

S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes indeed, its dangerous to have erroneous messages in production system (especially when your week is ending)...anywayz what's the error you are seeing in ur system??

>>, but i must make sure content should be there in files

u can chk the size of the file in ur RD and then u can decide the further processing of message

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amit/Vila,

my worry is - If I skip IR part and with ID objects I am able to move the files from source to destination.

But am seeing all the messages which are triggered in error status.

br

S.

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the exact error? If you can copy paste the error, we can help find a solution.

-Zameer

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swana,

May be I understand your problem wrong, correct me if it is necesary, What is the problem to see the error status messages?, it's better to see them, because you can research the fail reason and to correct the problem. Also, you can do a job to archive and delete messages from monitoring with the periodicity that you need.

Regards.