cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPC - Export fails during Check TCPDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

We are following the guide and running the EXPORT part of EBCDIC to ASCII conversion (thanks to Volker )

We face an error when the R3SETUP tries to check the TCBDB table (in the delivery on tape from the customer TCBDB table was empty).

We have entered there 0120 for EBDIC and retried the R3SETUP and still face the error.

The error text is:

Message . . . . :   Pointer not set for location referenced.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Mark.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patching the Kernel to latest level before the export resolved the problem. I had hoped to avoid this for change control reasons but it looks to be necessary.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

this sometimes happened in the past ...

As you have entered the correct values and you do know, that you are a latin 1 customer, I would suggest to skip this check ...

just update the r3s file and searach for "ERROR" and insert "OK" and go ahed ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

it looks like the phase does not have status ERROR, we searched the R3S file and found nothing.

Maybe the R3SETUP is crashing because it can't connect to DB?

Could it be the name of the kernel library?

Our existing EBCDIC library is R346DDEV, I looked in the R3S file and it makes references to R346DOPT?

For CPC do we have to adopt this name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

might be ... but you are asked in the dialog for the kernel library - there you should NOT use the wrong one ...

anyway, now it seems to really turn to consulting ... we can help you with the stuff, but unfortunately, not via this forum ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand Volker, thanks for your help so far. I already owe you a beer.