Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different status profile for different WBSE level

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our project, there 3 levels of WBSE and our requirement is for 1st level WBSE the status profile is ZPS001, for 2nd level WBSE the status profile is ZPS002 and for 3rd level WBSE the status profile is ZPS003.

Though it can be obtained manually by making entry in all the WBSE but there is heavy chance of mistake. So we are thinking to go for exit in substitution.

Here the only constraint is that I'm going to use PRPS and JSTO table but I don't have any idea whether it is going to impact any other module. So please any one have any idea about this, please let me know what are the possible pros and cons are there?

Thanks,

Soubhagya 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this can be very well achieved by using substitution. Just a rough logic would be like, If STUFE=1 Status Profile=ZPS001 and so on. You may also want to have an additional criteria of maybe the project profile or the project type.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

The status profile field is not there in PRPS table. Its in JSTO table. How can you substitute that value in status profile?

Thanks,

Soubhagya

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to do it through user exit, but there is a problem that unless I save a project the OBJNR is not getting updated in JSTO table. During creation of project, a temporary OBJNR is generated by the system which is there in table PRPS but the same is not updated there in JSTO table.

Please help how to update JSTO-OBJNR value during project/WBS creation.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using 6.03 above then try to use temporary save feature (visible near ECP icon)

Reg/ Tony

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply. But I'm not able to find out where is the ECP icon.

Please tell me if you have any other option.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean Easy Cost Plan button..

access the Intermediate Save thru menu as shown (remember you will have this feature if using 6.04 above and also the same is activated in SFW5. )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve it very well, there is no such problem to appear. Same kind of requirement is achieved in one of my previous project where WBS Status Profile were populated on the basis of project type.