Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer between storage locations of same plant

former_member585227
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Im just a junior and i need your help.

I want to transfer materials from a storage location to another storage location of same plant. I checked other discussions and tried to do this using MB1B but this Tcode did not help me because i want to keep storage unit numbers. While im using MB1B, the material is sent to 921 - Transfer storage type and when the material is placed 921 im losing storage unit number. I want to keep this number to follow the material moves.

How can i keep the number while im transferring the material between storage locations within same plant ?

Ty for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do the 2 storage location share the same warehouse number or are they managed in individual warehouses?

former_member585227
Participant
0 Kudos

They are managed in individual warehouses. For example, the material is waiting in storage location -G001- and warehouse number 100, and i want to tranfer them to storage location -S001- WH number 200.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is SAP design that the interim storage types cannot be made SU managed, hence you will lose the number when you confirmed  a TO with interim storage type as destination.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f846eb4afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

I have not yet seen any standard option to retain the SU number from warehouse 1 when you receive material in warehouse 2.

I saw numerous discussions about this toppic, but none with a solution.

I can only imagine that you may achieve it with well developed logic in exits.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

babuilyas
Participant
0 Kudos

Try it with MB1B mvtype 311. This movement type is for moving material within plant.

former_member585227
Participant
0 Kudos

Ty for your answer but when i use MB1B and movement type 311 im losing storage unit numbers, i want to keep the numbers to follow the movement of the material.