cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel Hanged!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our production environment, we always have one particular communication channel which gets hanged .

Although it did populate these messages and never restarted.

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server : java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Is this something to do with the FTP server or with my communication channel.

I have tried to do some changes and activated again.  Although it does not happen daily, atleast twice in a week.#

Regards

Anandh.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make sure as a best practice, the setting in your adapter for Connect Mode is Per File Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabarish,

If the volume and frequency is high, i think permanent connection would be suitable, Correct me if i am wrong.

If it is network issues, after the connection timeout error, the channel should automatically start when it sees active connection.

The timeout error occurred at midnight and was in that state till today morning until i manually stopped and started the channel.

Regards

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are connected with the FTP server and it is disconnecting at times then check following

Is there a routine outage of the concerned FTP server?

What does the command "telnet <ftp server> 21" return when the channel is in error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It could be a network issues, while accessing to the FTP Server.

Please check the firewall setting & ports . Also take help from Basis team.

Doesn't seem to be an issue with Channel, as you say that the problem is not permanent but happens sometimes.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you seen below thread :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2027539