Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query results with universe based on Hyperfile SQL

wmarcy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created an universe based on Hyperfile SQL database through an OBDC driver and it works fine.

When I try to show values of my objects in Web Intelligence I only get one character for each entries ! I return the right number or rows but I only return the first letter of each value.

My context :

SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP3 FP 3.5 Server

SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP3 FP 3.5 Client Tools

Database Hyperfile SQL v16

ODBC Driver runs on BusinessObjects Server

Step by step :

create the ODBC Driver on th eserver

create the connection associated to this driver

create the universe based on this connection

buid a simple universe with few tables with no security or any customization

open web intelligence

create a report based on my universe

make a simple table with one of my object

Returns the correct number of rows when I execute the query

Only the first letter of each rows is returned

I really don't understzand what it's happened, maybe it could be a malfunction in my ODBC Driver but I run a SQL tool in front of my database I get the correct values of each objects.

Any feedbacks on this king of malfunction with universe based on hyperfile SQL database ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. BO does not support hyperfilesql

2. Did you try to check the table values being returned in universe by right click on the table and table values? check the sql if it is getting the right value

4. See if you can edit an exisitng object and check the list of values fo the objects fromd esigner and see if you get any values.

3. Any ways you can trace the whats the sql going back to the database when running the report from web intelligence? compare with the sql going back from designer

Regards,

Lax