cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in report built on top of Analytical view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to build a report in WebI based on a Analytical view created in HANA studio. the universe(.UNX) is developed in  IDT. While trying to run the report or do a data preview in IDT on the data foundation layer, I am getting the following error message:

" feature not supported: not allowed over OLAP VIEW : search without aggregation or grouping by expression other than view column"

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get this error,if you do not set any aggregation for your measure in the Business Layer.

so set SUM explicitly to the measure which you included for Data Preview.And then Refresh,it will show the data.

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

I got the same error, when i tried to consume "Analytic View" using JAVA. How should i proceed there? Can you help me?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Consumed Analytic View using Java? Are you consuming in any external applications?

Generally I have seen this error in IDT during Data Preview for which setting the Aggregation will resolve the issue.

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i was trying to consume information models in HANA using external applications, i was able to use attribute views and calculation views but am unable to use Analytic views with that error

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Are you consuming the olap view from _SYS_BIC,if yes consume the Column View without "/olap"

Rgds,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I wanted to know the difference between the analytical Column Views with or without "/olap". I noticed for one of my analytical views the only version present is the OLAP, while for another analytical view the version present is with OLAP ,can you explain why is it this way?

Thanks

Moaz

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Partho:

Also, are you connecting your universe to  the analytical view present under _SYS_BIC

schema? If not, use this version of the anlaytical view not the default one under the content user folder.

Regards,

Rama

manish_umarwadia2
Participant
0 Kudos

Convert your key figures to measures in the business layer and add aggregation type sum to the measure.

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which driver did you use to configure the universe connection? JDBC / ODBC? Did you test the universe connection during the process?

Regards,

Rama