cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts, How to create JDBC Connection for SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please tell me how to create JDBC Connection for SAP HANA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have gone through quite a few posts about JDBC connection to HANA. The only working answer received is creating connection using IDT's Database Middleware Driver Selection. i was wondering, Hana has been designed to work independently as database and for landscape in which no IDT is used, then how the connection to HDB will be done from HANA Studio.

Pardon me if it sounds stupid, but i think its a valid question for which i haven't found and answer yet. Please help me here. I don't have access to IDT then how am i supposed to create the JDBC connection. is it not possible?

Rgds,

ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) What application is going to connect to hana using JDBC drivers?

2) jdbc jar file will be used by ur client application so it should have some connectivity screen where u can give the path of ngbc.jar file.

3)you can also use other clients libs from /usr/sap/hdbclient dir for ur connectivity

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet,

1)Almost all the BO Clients can connect to HANA using JDBC Connection.The Relational Connection in IDT can be created using JDBC driver and can be published to BOE Reporsitory.So that this can be used to consume HANA Data in Dashboard,CR,WebI or Explorer.

2)There is no connectivity screen as such.You need to place this ngdbc.jar file in the correct location(as mentioned in he above replies) and with the help of IDT Relational Connection option,you can mention the Host name and Instance number of your HANA DB.

3)When you install the HANA Client(using "....exe -a client" ),all the drivers like ODBC,ODBO and JDBC will get installed in the path you mention.So these drivers also can be used.

For Eg:AO(Analysis for Office) and CR 2011 use ODBC driver,Microsoft Excel uses ODBO driver.

Rgds,

Murali

manish_umarwadia2
Participant
0 Kudos

You create this in the Information Design Tool. With a DSN created within Windows Control Panel, you can only create an ODBC connection,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Manish Umarwadia,

I know those steps. But while creating Views i am getting JDBC errors. So I need to create JDBC connection. If you know how to create JDBC connection for HANA Please tell me the Step by Step Procedure. And my system is running on LINUX system.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava Raju

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello vishali,

you need to install the HANA client on your system first.

then you need to copy the ngdbc.jar file from C:\Program Files\SAP\hdbclient

and paste the same in C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\newdb

Here  newdb is the folder that you need to create under drivers and paste the ngdbc.jar file in newdb folder.

Now, you can create the JDBC connection as mentioned above.

Hope it is useful.

Regards,

Neha

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishali,

As Neha mentioned,you need to install HANA Client in your client System where you installed IDT.

using the command ".......exe -a client"

This will install JDBC driver along with ODBC and ODBO

Then place the ngdbc.jar file under newdb folder as stated above.

Use IDT to create the Relational Connection and start consuming your views created in HANA Studio.

Rgds,

Murali

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have the HANA studio installed in your PC, you should have the drivers for JDBC installed automatically.

Which tool are you trying to use to connect to HANA? Depending on that you do that via the tool or you can use the Windows control panel and create a system DSN or local DSN using the JDBC driver and then use that connection within the tool.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mr.Rama Shankar,

My Server is running on LINUX system. Please tell me the step by step procedure for Creating JDBC Connection in LINUX.

Thanks,

Vishali Ragahava Raju.