cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Frontend GUI in ECC6.0

0 Kudos

SAP Gurus:

In ECC6.0 version, is it a web-based application completely?  Do we have to install frontend GUI like R/3 Enterprise or earlier releases?  Any input will be highly appreciated.

-EST

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Tom Van - "It all depends on what you want to do"

The answer to your first questions is Yes, ECC is also a web based application (ABAP WEB AS) and You don't need to install Windows GUI. You have the option to use WEB-GUI but for that you have to configure WEB-GUI service (under SICF) on the ECC instance. Ensure HTTP services are active (T-code SMICM).  There are certain limitation in using WEB-GUI.

You can read more on this @:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCFESITSSAPGUIHTML/BCFESITSSAPGUIHTML.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3d/b5f9c2ea65c242957ee504ca4a37a9/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not quite sure , you can use NWBC without installation of SAP GUI .Just type TCODE NWBC , for it to work you would need to enable NWBC service.

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how are you going to type the Transaction code if you don't have a SAP Gui?

ECC6.0 is not entirely web driven. Not all transactions have a web-front end (be it Webdynpro for Abap, BSP, Flex,...). So it depends on which transactions you (or your users) need access to.

My advice would be to still install the SAPGui

on a sidenote: NWBC is (contrary to the name) not a client! It's a wrapper for a client. It's a frame which holds the usermenu and an instance of a SAPGui or a browser (depending on the item in the usermenu)

Both can be active at the same time, in different tabs.

For SAPGui transactions to run in the standalone version of the NWBC, you still need an install of SAPGui as well.

In the web-version of the NWBC, you can access the transactions via ITS.

In short: it all depends on what you want to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Since we dont have a sap gui we can use the web gui and type the tcode right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Hemant

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not clear. ECC 6.0 is ABAP based system and it has webdynpro applications that looks like portal but it is not portal.

Thanks

Sunny