Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: How to stop Requestor and Approver being the same user

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some instances we will have users who require both the Requestor role and Approver role.

But they should not be requesting and approving their own Changes.  If they request, they should input a different Approver and not their own BP number.

Is there something to stop requestors approving their own changes?  I.e. When the users selects "Approved" from the Action menu, an error would appear stating that Requestor and Approver cannot be the same person.

I'm sure this is possible and I read an article somewhere but I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

define condistions on consistency check for this under SPRO-> Solution manager -> capablties -> change management -> standard configuratiion -> change request management framework -> consistency check -> registration of CRM messages

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The condition SAME_USER is already defined as a condition in SPRO.

If I try to add it again it says I can't.

Do i have to create a new condition?  How do I do this?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shaun,

copy the same_user to Z*condition and use it.

eg,

ZMCR_SAME_USER The Approver must not be the same user as the Requester CL_CHM1_INSTANCE

Rg,

Karthik

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the responses.

Still no good unfortunately.  I have copied SAME_USER to:

ZDCR_SAME_USER The Approver must not be the same user as the Requester CL_CHM1_INSTANCE

I then setup condition correctly:

E0001 10 ZDCRSAME_USER SOCM_ACTION_LOG 021 Warning E0007

Still not working.  What I don't understand is how ZDCRSAME_USER knows to check Approver and Requestor fields?  All I did was copy this from SAME_USER.  Where does one actually configure a condition???

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you mapeed the condition with action? I guess you have to schedule action for checking the same user.

Check the action "consistency checks"

Please update

Thanks,

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what I did in the above step

E0001 10 ZDCRSAME_USER SOCM_ACTION_LOG 021 Warning E0007

This was done in SPRO>Scenario Specific>Change Request Management>Extended Config>Change Transaction>Change Transaction Types>Make Settings for Change Transaction Types

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, a bit of an update on this one.

We have actually modified our statuses for our ZDCR (Change Request).  Instead of having Pending Approval > Approved (which I believe standard is), we have:

New > Pending Approval > Approved

We did this because it allowed us to add an 'action' to submit for approval as opposed to just hitting the save icon.  Users were getting confused whether it was submitted or not but with our way they know it definitely is because the status changes from New to Pending Approval.

If the Requestor and Approver is the same person, I want the ERROR to appear on the New > Pending Approval stage.  So the status would remain as 'New' and wouldn't change to 'Pending Approval' unless they changed the Approver to a different user than the Requestor.

I have setup:

E0007 10 SAME_USER SOCM_ACTION_LOG 021 Error E0001

E0007 = Pending Approval

and

E0001 = New

This does not work and I'm not sure why???

Anyway, I decided to try this instead:

E0004 10 SAME_USER SOCM_ACTION_LOG 021 Error E0007

E0004 = Approved

and

E0007 = Pending Approval

THIS WORKS!  Well, sort of.  The error appears just like I wanted it to.  The only thing is that the status still changes from Pending Approval to Approved (I want it to stay as Approved).

Based on this information, does anyone know how I can achieve the following:

1. Set it up so the error appears when changing from New to Pending Approval (if the Requestor and Approver are the same) - this is my first preference

2. If the above cannot be achieved (although I'm hoping it can), how can I get the status to remain as Pending Approval when the error appears (as described in my above example) - this is my second preference

Any assistance would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone help with the above post?

I'm still stuck on this point.

I'm going to try and create an Access Sequence (SPRO>CRM>BASIC FUNCTIONS>PARTNER PROCESSING>DEFINE ACCESS SEQUENCES) which determines that Requestor and Approver cannot be the same Business Partner.

How do I do this though as I've never created an Access Sequence before.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong. can you once go and check the lowest and highest value maintained for the status in status profile( Access with Tcode crmbs02)

Check the highest value of New status, make that to same valuse as Pending approval.

Just check,This is problem witht the New status alone,check in status profile.

And also check is there any other action also scheduled for the same status?

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all you have to change the "Error" in your condition to "Cancel". This will prevent the status change when the condition is not fullfilled.

I guess the check is not performed because of missing configuration. You have to adjust the following according to your transaction type, status and partner function (i also included the F1 help):

Hope this helps,

Christoph

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all, finally got this working thanks to your help.  Turns out I had the roles in the wrong columns (In "Use Partner Functions").  Switched these around and it worked.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

try using partner determination procedure.

in that, default the requester whoever raises the request.

and define a action sequence such that the approver id should not be the same as requester id.

hope it helps.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Use the below condition in ZMCR for same user restricition

E000X(Approver userstat) xx SAME_USER SOCM_ACTION_LOG 021 cancel E00X(Requestor userstat)

eg,

E0009 10 SAME_USER SOCM_ACTION_LOG 021 Warning

Rg,

Karthik

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthik,

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to work.

I had a look at the SAME_USER condition and the description says:

"The tester must not be the same user as the developer".

However, I want the requestor and approver to not be the same (not tester and developer)...could this be a problem or should this still work?

I believe I've setup the config correctly but it still allows user to process the ZDCR with the same user as requestor and approver.

Thanks

Shaun