cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing the Open Quantity for SO after creating a Debit Memo for Sales Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a requirement where we first create a sales order->Delivery->Billing now once this cycle is completed we create a Debit Memo request with reference to Original Sales Order, now the quantity in the original sales order is 10 and if i create a Debit memo request for 5 Quantites, next time when i create one more debit memo request with refernce to the same original sales order it should allow me to create the Debit memo request for the balance quantity only i.e 5 as i have already created a debit memo request for 5 quantites earlier, how can i configure this?

As of now the open quantites are not getting reduced and i am still able to create debit memo request for more that 5 quantities for the second debit memo request.

Thanks

Amit Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ideally it would be better if you create Debit Memo Request with reference to Original Invoice & not Original Order.

Coming to your requirement, I think this will not be possible in SAP Standard. You will have to write a new Copying Requirement & assign the same at Copy Control Records in VTAF (Billing  to Order Copying Control). Other option would be to apply a User Exit in Debit Memo Request, which will check for document flow & give necessary warning / error message.

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta

0 Kudos

please check this  thread , hope this might work

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3152843