cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to use event 0600 for Incoming Payment Method Only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using event 600 in Payment Program (FPY1) to clear items at contract level. I want to use/activate this event only for Incoming Payment Run (ACH) and do not want to use this when running Payment Run for Outgoing Payments (Checks). In the payment run, this event is called after payment program gathers all the due open items. This event helps group open items at contract level and later payment program checks the balance for each group and payments are cleared. Could anyone suggest me how to use this event for Incoming Payment Run only as it is creating unwanted issues in Outgoing Payment Run. Please suggest any other event that I can use? or any restrictions I can use within event 600? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

SapUser

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not trigger your code in Event 0600 only if the Payment Method relates to an outgoing Payment.

Therefore you  should first establish the outgoiing payment method for cheques.

Then implement the program ogic in Event 0600 to only trigger the contract-level grouping if the payment method is not equal to the outgoing payment method.

Payment method field is PYMET_KK.

Regards,

Ivor M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Appreicate your response. Yes, we have a payment method for Cheques. This event is called after the Payment program gathers all the open items. I am trying to find a field that triggers this event based on Payment Method (probably ZWELS) of the Payment Run. I tried with payment field PYMET_KK, but the system is searching for payment method on open items.

Thanks again for you quick response. Appreciate it.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Try to use Event 610 to trigger logic based on ZWELS (list of payment methods).

Event 610 has access to the structure FKKPY_PARA (Payment Run parameters).

It also has access the Contract Account, in addition to the line items being proposed for payment.

You can (if necessary) delete items from being proposed for payment, or trigger different logic if Payment Method is for outbound cheques.

Regards,

Ivor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Yes, I looked at that event 610 (and also 601) and found the logic. Fortunately, there is structure FKKPY_PARA available in event 600 too which I didn't notice earlier. I fixed this code and it is working fine now. Thanks for all your support

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (0)