cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GS1-128 Barcode in Adobe Forms Enhancement Pack 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have seen a number of discussions on this topic but nothing that answers my question.

We have a SAP ECC6 EHP5 system and we want to use GS1-128 barcodes on our forms which we are designing in Adobe Forms. However, we do not have that option available to us in the Insert>Barcode toolbar.

I believe this is possible in EHP6 but my question is how can we use GS1-128 in Adobe Forms with an EHP5 system?

Thanks for any help,

Colm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colm,

We are experiencing a somewhat similar problem in our ECC6.0 EH5 system. My customer wants to create and e-mail a pdf document with an embeded GS1-datamatrix. Although multiple routes were followed ranging from sapscript to smartform and even adobe forms, we seem to be stuck. The only solution seems to be to print to a real printer, due to the fact that the printer barcode module could correctly decode the barcode to GS1.

Using Adobe so far has brought no solution although looking at the documentation it should work. When we however create the datamatrix, the scanner does not recognise it a genuine GS1 code. We are sure this is no scanner problem.

Contacting SAP and asking them if and when this problem could be resolved by Adobe through SAP did not lead to any results yet.

I know it doesnt help, but at least it shows there are more people experiencing the same problem. So if there is anyone out there that could help, tnx in advance.

Frans

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Colm and F,

I googled for GS1-128 barcode, which was unknown to me as well. It seems that this

is a new name for the known UCC/EAN128 barcode symbology, check out for example

http://www.gs1-128.info/

I guess you should select the Code128 or EAN128 symbology in IFbA Designer. I believe EAN128 is a variety of the general Code128 symbology.

I know from past experience that using the Code128 symbology is somewhat tricky, because it involves three different charsets and  offers control codes to switch between them, plus two of these charsets allow to encode otherwise non-printable characters.

Best regards,

Alexander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Gentlemen, we went with the standard 128CodeSSCC that comes with the Adobe Forms designed in EHP5 and our scanner was able to read it correctly.

Thanks for your help