Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXI Cache trigger

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

COuld you please advise

I did a Integration directory ---Clear SLD cache ..Woudl it anyways trigger a complete ABAP cache- SAXI_Cache?

(Issue started with MDM adapter connectivity probs where we had a corrupted adapter metadata after a adapter service restart .These were working fine for the last 2 years and suddenly within in this month alone we are experiencing certain MDM releavant issues

so under advise advise from SAP , We had reinstalled the MDM adapter and the API

.)

There were some inconsistency in cache and the PI server is clustered .Is there any way on teh above activity that a ABAP cache would be triggered  and this was done after a single cluster node java restart

I am aware that this would trigger a java delta cache only .Only to the logs i could see my user id  for a complete cache refresh .

Also access is restricted on the SXMB_IFR -->Administration -- Caches ....

Any inputs

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> Woudl it anyways trigger a complete ABAP cache- SAXI_Cache?

No, it's a separate cache that you also need to clear separately. The SLD cache is used between SLD and ID and stores the SLD configuration of system landscape. The SXI_CACHE is used by PI for the Integration Directory configuration objects.

Hope this helps,

Greg

former_member335553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry the real scnario is

1. We have a  typical scenario ,MDM adapter loses connectivity multiple times and we had to restart the MDM adapter service from Visual admin .certain times it wwould not work on restarting from VA and will process messges if restart is done from NWA ..Ideally both are the same ..

As both did not work , a java restart on one of the nodes were carried out ,but no change we had all the MDM adapters showing status messaage ; no adapter registered for hte channel '

after this restart ,CPA delta cache was refreshed but then as well no change

then from ID --environment -- cache notifications -- tried to check cache notification but was unable to opened  and a try was made to do a clearSLD cache  and that went fine .

Production is clustered with 3 nodes -  CPA delta cache was performed in one of the nodes .. after which, tried checking cache notifications in integration director and the clear SLD cache .

Questions are -

1. Would it anyway trigger a sxi_cache full cache ?

2. anyways the logs show that from specific user id, a full ABAP cache was performed but had ended up with errors .. what are the other possible reasons of a full ABAP cache refresh to be done except for the SXI_Cache transaction.

3. Can a inconsitency in the PI system /cache could have triggered an ABAP cache to be executed .

(Apart from the cache, ideally the findings of the whole  issue was  threads in PI  are been blocked because of the instablity in MDM adapter and at one strech it is bringing the PI system slow and  finally to a java stack not been accessible )