Did you mean: 

Dynamic Pegging in PPDS

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a issue when pegging relationship is created during heuristics

Lot Size : Lot for Lot with Max Lot Size : 400

Assume I have a requirement A with 370 Pcs and requirement B with 500 PCs.WHen i execute heuristics system create planned order and create a dynamic pegging relationship as well.

To cover the requirements , system creates three receipt elements with 400 and 400 and 100 Pcs ( Max Lot size for a order 400) . When establishing a pegging relation system is not covering the entire req element from a single planned order , instead it covers from two receipt elements.

For eg Req A 378 pcs  is covered from two receipt elements for eg : 278 from one receipt and 100 from other receipt, though it can cover fully from a single requirement

How to avoid this and make system to utilise the single receipt fuly for one req

Note : I cannot remove the Max lot size setting as my capacity is restricted.

Br,

BVN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

May be you can fiddle once with pegging strategy in the concerend product master. The current value might be 0. Change it to 01 and try once more. Do publish if this was the remedy.

I am coming from theory. Also check settings for pegging interval

Pegging strategy

• Use current receipts

Here the system uses the current receipt where possible to cover a
    requirement. Starting from the requirement date the system first searches to the
    beginning of the pegging interval. If there are no receipts in this direction,
    the system will search to the end of the pegging interval.

• Use the earliest receipt (First in first out)

Here the system uses the earliest receipts in the pegging interval to cover
    a requirement, that is, first the first receipt in the pegging interval and then
    the second, and so on. With this strategy, excess receipts only become available
    later.
b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I tried changing the Pegging strategy in product master from 0 to 1. The problem here is while creating a dynamic pegging relationship system covers the requirement frm more than one receipt element.

I want to restrict this and make the system to completely cover the requirement from only one receipt element.

Br,

Valavan

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valavan,

Please select  "Use Total receipts"  flag on PPDS heuristic in basic settings that should do the trick. It will consume first receipt before going to another.

Thanks

Dev

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dev,

Iam using version 5. I dont find this Use total receipts in PP heuristics relevent to version 5.

Is this setting available only in latest version ?

Br,

Valavan.B

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BVN,

Could you please confirm the following?

• Are the 2 receipt elements 278 and 100 pc exclusively created by the same heuristics run to meet your requirement of 378 pc?
  • Are the start and end dates of the receipts same?
  • Is there any constraint active such as working/non-working day, maintenance hours, etc?

Thanks,

Rajesh

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes.

• Two receipt elements are created by the same heuristics
  • They have the same date and time.
  • No resrictsion used .

Br,

Valavan.B