cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch SAP GUI with central SapLogonTree.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I am (we are) new to SAP, and new to the fora.

SAP is being implemented in our company and me and my team are responsible for distributing the client to the workstations.
We're planning to use SCCM 2007 to do so.

I've made an installation set, extracted the "gui720_0-10007878.exe" and extracted "gui720_11-10007878.exe" over the gui720_0-10007878.exe.
Made some installation scripts (CMD) and the GUI installs just fine. (version 7200.3.11.1074).

"%~dp0setup\NwSapSetup.exe" /Product:"SAPGUI710" /Nodlg
(if I use /Product:"SAPGUI720" the install won't run)!

The installation finishes without errors.

I've got a SapLogonTree.xml + saplogon.ini from a SAP developers PC.

When I copy these files in "%APPDATA%\SAP\Common" the SAP client starts o.k. with the connection loaded.

The problem is that I want to use a central managed config file.
So I've done everything according to SAP Note 1426178 (I think)!

I edited and placed the central file "SapLogonTree.xml" on our central (readonly) DFS location.
Made a registry key which points to this file, but when I start saplogon.exe the config isn't loaded.

Reg key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\SAPLogon\Options]
"ConfigFileOnServer"=hex(2):blablabla

When I go in de client to --> Options --> Configuration Files I see the value under "XML-Configuration File on Server".
But it isn't loaded (The section below that).
(Translated from dutch).

So what is the best way to use (and call) a central configuration file for the clients?
What am I overlooking here?

Here also the XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--  SAPGUI for Windows 7200 2 24 4 2012 14:41:31 W. Europe Standard Time -->
<SAPTREE version="7200.1.0.1050">
<Files>
  <File type="Connections" name="\\DFSpath\dfsdata\Deploy\Applications\SAP\720\saplogon.ini"/>
  <File type="Shortcuts" name="%APPDATA%\SAP\Common\sapshortcut.ini"/>
</Files>
<Nodes>
  <Favorites name="Favorites" expanded="1" uuid="bladiebla-6ff6-44f3-aaaa-bladiebla">
  </Favorites>
  <Shortcuts name="Shortcuts" expanded="1" uuid="bladiebla-6ff64ef6-aaaa-bladiebla">
  </Shortcuts>
  <Connections name="Connections" expanded="1" uuid="bladiebla-6ff6-43bb-aaaa-bladiebla">
   <Item name="ECX zandbak" type="connection" uuid="bladiebla-6ff6-4370-aaaa-bladiebla"/></Connections>
</Nodes>
</SAPTREE>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found it, was a type in the registry to the path. I will test some more.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use a web-server for the central logon.ini, please ensure to use at least PL 5, otherwise the central saplogon.ini wont work!

Also check whether you set the correct path for the saplogon.ini in the SAPLogonTree.xml!

//EDIT: Additionaly please ensure you are not using a proxy server in your Internet Explorer (only IE, beacause the SAP GUI seems to use the proxy settings of the IE!), or if you need the proxy ensure the webserver is white-listed.

Regrads,

Jann