Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account query !

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working in SRM 5.0 EBP 4.0 configuration.

We find that in a particular case, a purchase order failed to be posted to the backend system as the error was obtained.

( Error Message BBP_PD : Message number 047 I ::000 )

In RZ 20, I have got an alert stating the G/L account ' X ' cannot be used.

But I find that the G/L account has been maintained in the table ZBBP_DET_ACCOUNT for the particular product category.

Also I find that the G/L account is created for the company code in the respective backend system.

I get an error when I tried to debug ' in the function module

' META_ACCSERV_CHECKACCASSIGNMT ' which gives an error that the G/L account is not maintained .

Can any one clarify why this error comes and where does the system check in the backend for the G/L account value for a particular cost assignment.

Awaiting your expert comments!!!

With Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am not having access to create the same in the backend.. Any other way of proceeding in this case.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This authorization is must. The RFC user in SRM system, which is creating PO in the back-end system is having SAP_ALL Access.

When you are working on SRM and SAP, both the systems access is a must in the implementation phase to track the problems.

Most of the problems, only happen due to authorization failures.

Better to raise a query and give the justification to the R/3 Developer Team and the R/3 Basis team and ask them for time-being provide full system access to create/change and test the results and resolve the problem.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have a query. If in the 'Additional account assignments' option ( which comes after double clicking the field status group). if the joint venture account assignment is suppresed then what is its implication? The Profit center is also suppressed in this case.

If this option causes the G/L account to be unused for multiple account assignment then I think this is the reason why we cannot assign the same G/L account to different account assignment.

Kindly clarify the same.

Also, is there any transaction,table in the backend where you can know which G/L account for a company code has this joint account assignment option not suppressed.

Awaiting your reply!

With Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>For the time being, de-activate the BBP_DETERMINE_ACCOUNT BADI and then try creating shopping cart and see the results.

Also, Try using those G/L Accounts, which does not create an error message, once the Back-end document is created in SAP R/3 system directly. Assign the same to the Shopping cart line items and then try out.</u>

-

<b>Please maintain the correct GL Account (Based on R/3 system) in the SRM system.

Here are the steps ->

Log on SPRO Transaction in SRM.

o IMG&#8594;SRM Server&#8594; Cross Application Basic Settings&#8594; Account Assignment.

&#61607; Define Account Assignment Categories. In this step you define different Account

assignment Categories and assign fields to these Account Assignment Categories.

&#61607; You can also define how the EBP Account Assignment Category assigned to

Backend Category

o IMG&#8594;SRM Server&#8594; Cross Application Basic Settings&#8594; Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

&#61607; You specify the G/L account that is to be posted to in Financial Accounting in the backend system, depending on the product category and the account assignment category.

&#61607; Note that for each product category that you work with, you have to enter all possible account assignment categories and a G/L account</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any updates.

Regards

- Atul

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann/ Atul,

Now I seem to get some insights into my problem but still it would be great if you could just clarify some of my queries..

I checked in the transaction FS00 for the G/L account maintained for the company code. Here I find that the field status group maintained for the same and by double clicking the same i went into transaction OBC4.

Here in the additional account assignment I find that the following fields are suppressed some of which are being mentioned below . They are :

<b>Cost Center,Plant, Profit Center, Cost Object, Joint venture acct assignment etc</b>.

The fields which are marked under optional entry are :

<b>Material number, CO/PP order, WBS element, Sales order, Network</b>

Now the Purchase Order in question has 10 line items with 9 items marked as order assignment & 1 as the network account assignment.

Now this G/L account can be used for both network & order as we have only network & order assignments made in the purchase order and no cost center assignments. Am I right ?

<b>But I have a doubt .. since the Joint venture acct assignment is suppressed is it possible to use the same G/L account for multiple account assignments?</b>

Is this the reason we get a backend error for the Purchase order that this G/L account canot be used?

Awaiting your reply for the same -- I guess we are close to finding out the problem..

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Better approach is to create a Purchase order in the Backend system directly, and try out those G/L account numbers, for which, there is error message issued and then complete the PO document by saving that. If everything went fine, then

Replicate the same in SRM as well and try to create the SC.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

rajesh_rajendran2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I was not able to open the link you sent.

Can you please check up and send me the updated link.

Thanks

With Regards,

Rajesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link :

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be more precise (former thread) :

You have to check the field status of G/L account and cost center (if you use cost center), they should be in synch.

Here the field 'Earmarked Funds' may be mandatory in field status of G/L account whereas it may be optional or in display mode in field status of cost center.

In Transaction OBC4, you have to select the field status variant, then goto the field status group (transaction FS00, create/bank/interest, you can check the field status group of the G/L account, you can double click on this field status group which will take you to transaction OBC4) then select field status group and click on display icon. Check the field status with field status of cost center.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>There can be couple of reasons which need to be checked thoroughly.</b>

Please ensure the following ->

<b>1) If you create a PR or PO directement in R/3 (= without SRM), do you get the same error ?

Account assignment type "P" for project has to be maintained in transaction OME9. If you do use standard configuration , both on SRM AND R/3 sides, you should not have this issue. However, if you work with EBP 3.5, i guess it means that the system was working well before.

2)

Check the field status group assigned to the GL Account in Tx FS00.

And look at the field 'Field Status Group' of 'Create/bank/interest' tab.

Double click on the field status group field, and check for the 'Additional account assignments' - Check here whether the WBS/Cost center/profit center are suppresed. If suppresed you cant use this GL to post against the cost objects.

3) Try to use the same GL account and the same WBS element you used in SRM while creating the PO in R3 (to check for the error). I suspect, you will come up with the same error as what you got in SRM.

Generally this error will pop up if there are any mismatch between the field status groups assigned to the GL account and the cost object P (projects/WBS). Check for the field 'Network' in both of the field status groups.</b>

Also, There are 2 ways to determine GL in SRM.

1. Maintain GL codes for product categories & Account assignment in SPRO. With this relevant GL code will be picked in SRM for the selected product category.
SRM server-->Cross appln basic setting-->Acct assignment--->Define GL acct for product category

2. Maintain logic to determine GL code in BADI BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT. In this BADI use ITEM_DATA and ACCT_DATA tables in method DETERMINE_ACCOUNT.

If you need to overwrite these,you will need to implement the BADI "BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT" and method "DETERMINE_ACCOUNT".
In this method ,use the FM "MR_ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT" for the retreiving the G/L account from R/3.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following thread :

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=1113769&messageID=2839524

Kind regards,

Yann