cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filesystem monitoring with Solution Manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am configuring the technical monitoring on a Solution Manager 7.1 with the Solution Manager configuration Workcenter (->technical Monitoring), but I encounter a problem with the filesystem monitoring for the host (Linux). I copied the Linux-template and made some adjustments to the metrics. As to the filesystem-metrics I chose the free in Filesystem (%) and the node below (FILESYS_NAME=.*) (see template.png). Then, I assigned the template to a satellite system and checked the technical Monitoring workcenter. In the monitoring view of this satellite system, I can see, that only my chosen objects from the template are displayed, but there are no metrics for the filesystems, nor are any filesystems recognized (there's a message: no metrics delivered) (see monitoring_view.png). My question is: How can I configure this Linux template, so that the filesystems of the host are displayed with their free space?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maike,

Please check the link below. It describes the adjustment of the File system metric for Linux/Unix

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Template+Maintenance+-+File+System+Varia...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the detailed document.