Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Proposal

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have created a item proposal, system give me one internal number, how should i call it when i create a quantity contract ?

secondly is it necessary to assign the item proposal number in the customer master data egards?

and can i take the target and actual quantity report in future ?

looking for the gurus response.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

Congfiguration of Item Proposal:

1. Go to T-code VA51 and use Document type MS or PV to create an Item Proposal, you get an Item proposal number after saving the document with the list of materials & quantities.

2. Assign that Item Proposal number in Customer Master - Sales Area Data - Sales Tab. This is mandatory.

3. While creating Sales Orders or Contracts, after entering Sold-to-party, go to Menu bar - Edit - Propose Items or Ctrl+F11, you will get the list of all materials saved in that Item proposal number in VA51. And you have the option to select - with or without default quantity.

Note : You are supposed to use Ctrl+F11 or Edit- propose Items to get the list of materials. You will not get the Materials automatically.

Please feel free to ask if you have any query in this regard.

Warm Regards,

Jaya V.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jaya V.

Thanks for the response.

if i can manually call any item proposal, than whats a need to assign the item proposal in the customer master data.

thats my question... ??

Looking for your prompt response.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

I understand your point. Lets say, there is one customer who use to buy 25 same (material)items regularly. In this case it is feasible to use Item Proposal with a single click of Ctrl+F11, instead of manual entry everytime while creating the contract or Sales Order.

Hope you got it. Get back if you still have some query.

Warm Regards,

Jaya V.

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jaya V.

My question is that i assign the item proposal in the customer master, but when create the contract system cant automatically call it. did ctrl+f11 is use to call or the standard way system automatically call when i enter the sold to party.

I assume once item proposal is assign in the customer master, after that when ever i generate contract by putting just sold to party system automatically call the item proposal, no need to press ctrl+f11.

pls advise.

regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Imagine if standard SAP goes by what you say; that is you maintained item proposal for a customer where the line item goes to 50.  Now if you create a sale order for that customer, if system proposes those 50 line items automatically but you need to add only few line items say 5 or 6, you have to delete rest of the line items.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

In Standard SAP, you dont get materials automatically, you have to propose items or Ctrl+F11 to get the Item Proposal materials.

As Mr. Lakshmipathi rightly said, you can take that example to understand my statement.

Warm Regards,

Jaya V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

For your Query:

• I have created a item proposal, system give me one internal number, how should i call it when i create a quantity contract ?

Go to menu option EDIT --  > Additional functions -- >Propose items

One pop-up box will come, put  Item Proposal number there and select  default quantity or without default quantity whatever your requirement.

• secondly is it necessary to assign the item proposal number in the customer master data egards?

Item proposal Identifies the product proposal that the system automatically suggests when you   process sales orders or contract for particular customer.

Thanks

Sourav

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sourav,

Thanks for the response. I call the item proposal from the menu, but after this i assign the item proposal in the customer master and after that i create the contract system cant automatically call the item proposal.

kindly suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Let me know whether you call the item proposal from the menu after putting sold to party and ship to party in Contract screen (VA41) or not (before that you need to assign item proposal number in customer master).And this is the standard process in SAP.

Thanks

Sourav