cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in configuring ADS on NW 7.3 portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to configure ADS on NW 7.3 portal. UME is AS abap EHP5. I am stucked at uploading credentials file. When i go to NWA->configuration->infrasturcture->adobe document services, i get a warning that adobe document services are not running.
I checked in java services also and could not find any com.adobe* services.

As per the below link:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/69/a633254b6e47e6aa379e68e36eb66d/frameset.htm

No service exists in java services of portal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhished,

In order to configure ADS, you must installed firs by JSPM. ADS is not part of Stack of Installation export NW 7.3 portal.

So, go to Sap Marketplace -> Software Download Center  ->

Support Packages and Patches - N" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 7.3" Entry by Component" Adobe Document Services

and donwload the same level that you have deployed for other hava components "stack" or if you want to use the latest software package is this:

ADSSAP07_0-10008282.SCASP07 for ADOBE DOCUMENT SERVICES 7.30

After install you can configure throught the following URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/37/504b8cbc2848a494facfdc09a359b1/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

Thanks for your reply.

As i can see, there is no ADSSAP component in System Info of portal. So, as you said i need to deploy it. Portal is on 7.3 SP 5 level and LM tools is also on 7.3 SP5.

Can you please tell me any other prerequisites to be checked if i am missing here.

Regards

Abhishek Kalra

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhished,

As I know no further prerequisites to worry about , so go ahead and install ADS SP 5.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

I have successfully deployed ADSSAP and have run the configuration wizard for adobe document services from NWA. I have created HTTP destination to abap system in NWA as well. I have assigned the appropriate roles to adsuser and ads agent as well.

I am getting an error 405, method not availaible while testing ADS RFC in abap, which i guess should not be issue. I have applied the credential file also as per below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/95aeaf26f26e83e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

However, still i am getting error while testing reports in sa38. Is there any parameter which has to be entered in instance profile or config tool?

Also, in portal 7.0 a service IIOP is required to be startup mode, while in portal 7.3 i am not able to find startup mode option.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Kalra

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek,

Could you let me know the report that you are testing throught SE38 and the output ?

Far as I know only the interactive forms use the credentials that you have applied.

Hope it helps you,

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check following things:-

1. The AS Java where the ADS are running should have at least the same release as the AS ABAP.
  2. Have you performed the basic ADS configuration as mentioned in the help.sap.com.
  3. Check SAP Note 944221 - Troubleshooting if problems occur in

forms processing

Thanks,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have sorted this issue. It was due to locked adsuser in portal.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kalra