cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Product-Locations using a BAPI from Flat file (Excel) instead of using /sapapo/mat1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a bulk upload tool for Product-Locations using BAPI from flat file.

The created Prod-loc combination should be same as creating from standard T-code /sapapo/mat1.

Regards,

Snehaseel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehaseel,

You can use the APO Loader, an unsupported tool from SAP (Note 551972) or LSMW.  I had trouble getting the APO Loader to work for product-locations although it did work for PPMs.  LSMW is probably the more accepted approach.

Best Regards.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to develop a customised program to load product-location from a flat file.

For this requirement I cannot go for APO Loader or LSMW.

Regards,

Snehaseel.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Snehaseel,

You may need to manage data read from excel (CALL FUNCTION 'ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE') and call BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2 (as mentioned by Rishi) in your custom program.

Is it somewhat you required to support VMI? When you CIF materials and plants/DCs from ECC, the location product masters would be automatically created and added to the active model 000. Only is special cases like VMI, we need to extend the product to a different location (customer location in VMI). If your answer is yes, then LSMW is still applicable and does the job without any customization.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehaseel

Use the BAPI explorer (transaction BAPI). Use the alphabetical tab to find the ProductAPS BAPI.

BAPI name is BAPI_PRDSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2.

Rishi Menon