cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict cost booking on WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Project has 3 level of WBSEs . Top level WBSEs are created as billing element for planning and booking actual revenue, RA key is also assigned at top level WBSEs. Client wants all type of cost should be booked at the 3rd level WBSEs .But while booking cost on the project by using FI transactions  users book the cost at top level WBSEs. I tried using user status but it only restrict manual cost allocation therefore it is of no use . I am looking for an absolute solution thru which cost booking at top level WBSEs can be restricted.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Akhil Rathi,

You can create an user status profile and status and restrict (forbidd) business transaction.business transactions like FI posting,GR,Goods movements,purchase req etc. can be restricted.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rau

thanks for the reply but the thing is that if i forbid business txn FI posting then it will  disallow billing too which i don't want to be happened, therefore user status can not meet the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best solution here would be to check with your FI guys if they can put some kind of a validation in the transaction codes which they use to post directly on WBS elements. If i understand your issue correctly you do not want direct FI postings to happen on WBS elements that are marked as billing elements.This is possible, as far as i know. They just need to define a validation where in it will check if the WBS has the billing element ticked. They can also define a validation to check for the WBS level on which the posting is being done i.e allow posting on WBS that is on level 3. The field for WBS level is STUFE.

Just discuss with your FI guys once. I am sure that will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gokul ..this seems to be helpful i will check it .

I would also like to comment on other replies that i cannot  lock account assignment because i need to do the billing also on the same WBSE. And secondly, deselect of operative indicator Account assignment is also not possible in existing projects  since some postings are already done and the field is greyed out but yes this is possible for new projects.

Thanks.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Akhil,

You can also try to lock the Account assignment, as suggested by Murthy.

I suggest you to control this, using user status and maintain authorization code in user status. Assign this authorization code the user who is actually responsible to handle this. This way, only authorized person(s) can lock and unlock the Account assignment.

Best Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control by locking account assignment for those WBSE for which costs should not be booked.

Edit-->status-->lock-->Account assignment

Regards,

Murthy.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Do not mark the top level WBS element as "Account Assignment Element".

Then nobody can book cost level one WBS element. In fact, for that matter, you can maintain validation to restrict users mark level 1 (or any other level you need) as account assignment element.

I hope it'll resolve your issue.

Best Regards,
Amaresh Makal