cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create Lookup's in Pi 7.3

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

How to use Lookup's in Pi 7.3 using single Stack??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

you mean to say that it will not allow the Parameters in the Mapping at rumtime.  Then how we will overcome this Situation.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use standard way like using UDF or JAVA Mapping to perform look ups in case AAE.

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It means AEX uses the Advanced Adapter Engine as runtime engine. 

Parameterized mapping programs are not supported in case of local message exchange using the Advanced Adapter Engine or in case you use the Advanced Adapter Engine Extended.

According to me you Maynot use RFC Lookup standard function in graphical mapping. We may finally use UDF to complete the same.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your Explanation.Now i get to you the Flow.

But Actually how i can implement the UDF.Please Provide  the Code for the UDF.

Thanks in Advance.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranga,

As far as i know parametrized mappings programs are not the same that mapping lookups RFC o JDBC lookup, even the lookups are developed in Java code, then i dont know the reason because are not allowed in AAEX. Please correct me, if im wrong.

Regards

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Parameterized mapping is allowed in pi 7.31 (AAE) and not in 7.30. 

please refer this William link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0c92caf-3e44-2f10-169c-838b94d6f...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are many documents available,search in scn.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3586

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3587

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, but. pls tell me how to create global variable in PI 7.3. I want to create a global variable and use it in 2 different UDFs inside the same message mapping..

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this document for details on how to perform lookups from graphical mapping. Although this document has been prepared for PI 7.1, I believe everything stays the same for 7.3.

Regards,

Greg

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Quick Response

But i have a small query,can i use the Adapter as File in Configuration and can use the RFC lokup in the MessageMapping..

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahithi,

can i use the Adapter as File in Configuration and can use the RFC lokup in the MessageMapping..

RFC lookup is used to obtain values, configuration values, during the message mapping runtime, the adapter that you use for the receiver or sender is totally independent.

Regards

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Can you please elobarate about this.Plz speicfy the Which SAP Note should i refer for this.Particularly how to handle in PI 7.3 as i am new to 7.3

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer is: yes. You can use the RFC Lookup in any graphical mapping, it doesn't really matter what is the sender or receiver adapter of the whole integration scenario. Just treat the lookup as a separate functionality that you "attach" to your scenario. Also, this is nothing specific to PI 7.3, it was already available in 7.1.

Hope this helps,

Greg

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Grzegorz