Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO/MTF details in sales order

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

How to link the MTO/MTF with sales order ? We have MTO/MTF planning strategies and our request is while creating sales order for MTO/MTF items,system should give us message that the item is MTO/MTF. Pls advise if SAP can help me to solve it.

Regards,

Vijesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

Well, I have never heard of 'MTF', so I can't comment on this strategy.  However, in general, when you create a sales order in SAP, the Requirements Type determined in the Sales order item is controlled in part by the Planning Strategy.  There is no hard and fast rule that 'Requirements type XXX will always point to MRP Strategy YY', since this determination process is configurable, and is different in each system.  In your system, though, you should be able to look at the requirements type and know from this information what the planning strategy was.   VA03 > select item > review procurement tab for Requirements type.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB.

Thanks for your replay ,MTF in our scenario is make to forecast and what i need is only a warning message while creating the sales order by the system only to identify that whether this item is MTO or MTF and not for any other requirement .It will be helpful for sales executives to know whether the items is MTO/MTF when they are creating  sales orders,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

'Make to Forecast' is not a standard term that is defined in SAP, so it is unclear to me exactly how these materials are being handled.  There are various planning methods that could be defined as 'Make to Forecast'.

Regardless, there is no standard popup message that will indicate planning strategy.  You should spec this requirement out, and hand it off to your developers, who will have to use an enhancement to implement the solution.

You didn't ask my opinion, but I will give it anyway.  For a sales executive, or any other non-planning employee, it is questionable how much value would be generated by making such a change.  I hope the cost of implementing and maintaining this enhancement has been carefully balanced against the benefit that will be accrued.

Best regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh

I suggest you post this question in the SD forum instead of the APO forum.

I dont think there is a standard way you can get a message depending on the Planning strategy of the material.

Rishi Menon