cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC - Refresh Risks, Functions and Rules from Prod to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to refresh (copy) risks, rules and functions from Prod instance to QA. The requirement is because QA was unused for a long while and there are newer rules/risks/functions in Prod than in QA.

From SAP notes 1373465 & 1081562, I understand that I can use Rules Architect --> Utilities --> Export to export the above and then use Import at the target. However, being a novice in this filed, I have some doubts:

1. Does the number of connectors need to be the same b/w Prod and QA for successful export/import?
  2. Can rules, risks and functions be exported in one go? Or does it need different exports?
  3. If my prod system in PRD1 and my QA system is QAS1, while exporting from Prod, I need to select PRD1 as source and manually enter QAS1 as the destination? There are no connectors b/w Prod and QA?
  4. If prod has two systems defined as PRD1 and PRD2 with corresponding QA systems as QAS1 and QAS2, will I be able to export rules/functions/risks from PRD1 & PRD2 in one shot and import into QAS1 & QAS2? OR will it be PRD1-->QAS1 and PRD2-->QAS2?

Thanks, Jithin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin,

For your questions-

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Select those systems of which rules are t obe exported e.g. PRD1 and PRD2 and give corresponding system in destination QAS1 and QAs2 in one go. Export and Import will work fine. In Import select Replace rule by  system.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sabita!

Also, per SAP it is recommended to choose all check boxes in Export screen if I am trying to refresh from Prod to QA. I see that if I choose rules alone, other dependent items are automatically selected.

Is there a need to select all options?

-Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin, It depends upon what you have configured in the system. If you have configured supplementary rules, Org Rules, Critical Roles profiles, or you want to have change logs, you may select them.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin, It depends upon what you have configured in the system. If you have configured supplementary rules, Org Rules, Critical Roles profiles, or you want to have change logs, you may select them.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I will ask the guy who actually uses it on this.

Are there an precautions that I shoulk take before an import? I plan to

1. Do an export of all in QA and keep it.

2. have a full database cold backup before the exercise.

Jithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that is good enough.

Regards,

Sabita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin,

For your questions-

1. No

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Select those systems of which rules are t obe exported e.g. PRD1 and PRD2 and give corresponding system in destination QAS1 and QAs2 in one go. Export and Import will work fine. In Import select Replace rule by  system.

Regards,

Sabita