cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Exit for VBRK (VF01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I want to add a field in VBRK header table and should be used as reference field.

User will enter the value in the above mentioned field while creating the billing.

Is there any screen exit available.

I have searched in the forum but i couldn't get appropriate answer

Kindly suggest

Regards

Fazal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search, ask in the ABAP forum.

Could you please give the business explanation as to why and what field you need to add in the billing document, header level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Clients wants an external number range where they can enter the own billing document number like(projectname/date/customer) so it would be useful for them to search the document.

In billing, external number range is not possible. i thought of using reference document number but they provide purchase order in sales order and the same purchase order has to get copied to billing..

Any suggestion

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please search the internet, i think this requirement is not "new" and the solution is out there.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, texts are practically the only thing that can be changed in the billing document and they're useless for searching. Maybe the users could enter the number as text and then it would be copied to a custom field in VBRK for search/reporting. In this way it's not possible to do any validations, so this is not a great solution (although it is an option).

In the sales order there is also field 'Your reference' and PO for Ship-to party, which are frequently not used. Check 'Order data' tab.

I would dig deeper in the reason for this request though. Customer and date are already included. For projects there is PS module. Contracts may also be used to sort of link together multiple invoices. Maybe even invoice lists. Just for searching such change looks like too much of an effort, quite honestly...

Former Member
0 Kudos
hi,

Finally i used Header text for entering invoice as per client choice and used Original Billing document as reference number in the smart form.

We have been using this Reference field in the sales order "Order Date" tab for some other purpose.

Thank you everyone for your insights

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no exits or BADI's to meet your requierment, because there are no screen areas or screens available in the module pool program SAPMV60A using which you might be able to add custom fields in VF01 transaction. So I think that it is not possible to add custom fields/tab strip to standard transaction VF01.

you can check with developer to add that custom field in any of the reference document and transfer the same field to billing document while copying.

Pls check the below link also

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1376542

Thanks

Prasad