Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status through substitution

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use one particular user status for a particular WBS level. Is it possible to control user status through substitution? But there is no field for user status in PRPS table. So I think exit is the only option.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Substitution cant set user status. You can either go for development or set user status based on business transaction. for eg if WBS is released a particluar user status will be set. This can be controlled in status profile.

Regards

Shrikant

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I'm currently using user status like Budget release only possible for level 1 WBS element, but the problem is that it can not be set automatically, you have to depend on user to follow the right process. So I want to set one user status NBRL (No budget release) in all the WBS level except the 1st level which will be activated only after budgeting is done.

So is it possible through user exit?

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is possible via standard. NBRL status should be set automatically after business process 'Budgetting' and use Influencing fields for controlling level - These settings in status profile should help you.

Regards

Shrikant

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the useful suggestion. But kindly tell me, where is this influencing fields for controlling level.

I know only influencing field in field selection for WBS but there one cannot select user status.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wrong - influencing doesnt exist here. Solution option can be triggering an event based background job after CJ30 is performed. The background program will set your user status on all WBS except first level. Discuss this option with your developer. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I got another option that I've created 2 status profiles one with NBRL and another one without NBRL and I didn't assign any status profile in project profile. Now I want to use Status profile 1 for all the levels of WBS except 1 and Status profile 2 for only 1st level WBS element.

But again the same problem, how can I assign these status profiles through substitution. There is status profile field in substitution but in project definition not in WBS.

Please any one have any idea, please let me know.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not able to figure it out why the WBS status profile is there in PROJ table but not in PRPS table.

How can I use this WBS status profile for WBS substitution?

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per me, the answer for last question is that status profile is maintained in Project Profile for both Project Definition & WBSE, hence you can see them in PROJ table. Also it is possible to maintain separate status profiles to WBSE of a project hence this field is not available for substitution.

Can you please elaborate the exact business requirement of restricting lower WBSE from budgeting. It can be useful for all.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep,

Two of the requirements are:

1) Budgeting should be allowed for all the WBSE but the budget should be released for the 1st level only. 

2) One can only release the last level WBSE only.

These can be done through user status and validation in a simple way but manually one has to change the user status. But here no. of users are more. So we are looking for an automatic process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soubhagya,

Logically speaking you want to control transactions CJ32 & CJ30 on the basis of some parameters of WBSEs. It seems you have to use ABAPer to meet your requirement by developing some enhancement on these transactions, may be by using include MKBUDI06.

User Status, Person responsible or Project Type can help you to control the hierarchical budget release & distribution control.