cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisation Unit, Master data in Solar01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on businss process blue print implementation.

Here I have one major question received from my client

What I can maintain in the org unit and Maste data of the solar01 TCODE. and what is the use of these? if I maintain master data and org unit in solar01, will my testmanagement automatically take the master data from there?

I am still not able to conclude my self, how we can efficiently use the Business process blue print.

Please share your view on Org unit, master data maintenance in solar01, how it can be used in test management.

Thanks,

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

org and master data is maintained for your mapped scenario's like customer data or vendor data which is master data has to be maitained

for clarifying your doubt

goto solar01 now press F4 in Master data or Org data you can see all the standard ...same way like you add standard business process you can add standard master data here as per relevance

for using in the test management nothing automatic you hav to upload test scripts under test cases tab

and link the scripts with transaction

hope it clarifies and help

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I am nt using standard business process from BPR, I have customized Business processes, i defined my own, now how can i maintain or hw can i create my self the org unit and master data.

And confirm that Org unit and Master data is only defined in solar01 for documentaiton purpose?

later there is no use of maintaining org unit, and master data in solar01

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Have you checked the below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3169612

Moreover in help site, there is some documentation on linking HR data to Business processes. you can also refer that.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Solar01 is used for documenting the entire Business Blueprint documentation for entire SAP Implementation Project etc

so it doesn't matter you are using standard or custom processes

as already mentioned above master data if not standard you can maintain custom one for ur case in that area

its upto you how good you want to maintain all the information

Busines Process without master data looks incomplete so i dont recommend that but it is ur choice

Hope it helps.

regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakar,

How can I maintain the custom data under master data and org unit.

since except the sturcute tab all the other tabs are greyed out.

And more over still I feel just feeding the data in org unit, is nt mean by linking the business process and master data?

Long time before I read some sap note, but i couldnt remember nw. if you hav any doc please share wit me.

@Jagadeesh I am not able to open the link you given and help.sap not giving any info about maintaining custom value on masterdata and org unit and how to link them with Business process.

Please guide,

Thanks

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

org and master data nodes comes for each business scenario so its not like at only place you need to mention

so each business sceanrio at respective master dta you hv to mention ..this is how it is linked or documented

because u hav to mention it with logical component info......under respective business scenario node

if u r trying to achieve smthng else please mention ur problem in detail ..above is what supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

If I maintain some text as my own org unit, or master data how it really impact your business process. How can I link with some tables or org unit tables ?

you meant to say org unit, and master data is only a texts, not pointng any direct values of back end system maintained in the logical component.

Please correct, if  i wrong.

Thanks,

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

yes you missed it...........................i will try again.

When you add anything manually you have to add transaction or any other detail in the respective tab manually for sap or non sap processes.

this can be master data or org data or business process based upon the project.

when functional guys generate config via solar02 how they can justify business / customer a business process without a master data.

Further its about consultation how a solman functional consultant can take over and help the entire SAP team to use solman for implementation based upon his experience and set the process or streamlining the reporting using solman etc

Its not just using solman for Documentation or Implementation of a solution ........More imp is the process which needs to be consulted agreed and set with customer by the solman functional consultant then only the configuration in solman should come.

Hope i have explained enough and it clarifies ur doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, It clears almost all doubts,

But I want to see some example of how to maintain the organisational unit,

I went to solar 01 -> selected my business scenario -> Organisational unit -> f4 from BPR-> added purchasing org, sales org

now if I click purchasing org -> go to the right panel -> what are the tabs I need to maintain.

the list are,

1) Structure tab - not able to edit, no doubt,

2) Gen Doc - able to add, i can add no doubt

3) Prj Doc - able to add I can add, no doubt

3) Transaction -> what I need to give, do I need to give

4) Configuration Tab in solar02 - already having entry of IMG object. this is the only tab I need to consider for the nodes org unit and Master data.

Indeed I were nt able to get the steps for maintaining org unit and master data any SAP help links.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is always project specific and your functional team will add as per the requirement or w.r.t to concerned scenario or process.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I'm going through the same process right now - documenting already implemented system.

I had looked a lot for such information online, reviewed expert guided sessions, but apart Business process documentation examples there was nothing specific on Org.units and MD documentation.

So I share my experience:

I made the following use of "Organisation unit" and "Master data" documentation in SOLAR01:

We have many Business scenarious with respective Business processes - like Whole Sales, Retail Management, Supply Chain (Wharehouse Management) etc.

For each Business Scenario, we list SCENARIO specific "Organizational units" and "Master Data". See example with Retail Management business scenario. In [structure] tab, I define a list of specific org. units and specific Master Data entities:

Then, when I click on specific Node - eg, "Plant" I get a list of tabs, as you listed in your message above.

Here I maintain the following information:

1) [Structure] tab - not able to edit.

2) [Gen Documentation] - You can add reference link to SAP HELP documentation, where general SAP information is provided about the usage.

3) [Proj. Documentation]

Here we add documentation from BluePrint phase. We add the part, which describe the business purpose and usage of the specific org. unit. Rules and naming convention might be described there as well. BBP will also contain a list of that specific org. units. Eg. in my case - a list of Plants to be created.

3) [Transaction]

Here we add a transaction, through which user can access and see actual information/list of the Org.unit values.

Eg. for Plants - I added WB03. Which opens "Display Plant" transaction in ERP system.

So I don't need to maintain an actuall documentation of Plants - as I can always get the actual list of configured and actives plants directly in the system. In other words, I specify a transaction, where user can find actuall values of specified org. unit (or Master Data respectively).

4) [Configuration] Tab in solar02

Add entry of IMG object/ specific transaction to configure/maintain org.unit or master data.

5) [Training Material] Tab in solar01

Here we add end-user and administrator instructions how to maintain/configure specific org.units or master data.

Hope this information is helpfull.

BR,

Ausra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ausra,

Thanks a lot for your kind help. Indeed, its wonderful, given clear picture of what I need to do on org unit , master data.

Thanks a lot again.

Regards,

Jansi

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to see your doubt is resolved now...i tried with words samething...but it seems u were looking for picture.

all the best for ur work

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (0)