cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcontrol.exe As Java Stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Need A Clarification In this, As U can see in the print screen below, one of the server not running, can anybody guide me with this?. I already installed the SAP solution manager and in the middle of post installation. For your information this server never get up from the first time it installed. Am i have to complete all of the post installation first or this thing need to be up and running first. I can log in to SAP Front End and do some post installation and i also can get into java

Please see The JControl.exe

And as u can see in the print screen below, some of the status were red, can anybody please guide me in this. This thing need to be prepared before next week.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You solman JAVA should be running fine. The one that's not running is your DAA (diagnostic Agent).

First of all, you can check the log at D:\usr\sap\SID\SMDA97\work & D:\usr\sap\SID\SMDA97\SMDAgent\log.

Besides, just ensure SLD is correctly enter. You can change the SLD host by refering below wiki on

Direct Solution Manager Registration

:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Tis is the trace log that i get

JStartupReadInstanceProperties: read instance properties [\\CS\saploc\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\smdagent.properties]

-> ms host    :

-> ms port    : 36

-> OS libs    : \\CS\saploc\DAA\SMDA97\exe

-> Admin URL  :

-> run mode   : NORMAL

-> run action : NONE

-> enabled    : yes

[Thr 8388] Wed May 02 10:49:44 2012

[Thr 8388] JControlExecuteBootstrap: jcontrol runs in 6.20 compatible mode

[Thr 8388] JControlExecuteBootstrap: jcontrol runs in 6.20 compatible mode

[Thr 7424] JControlRequestFunc: Thread 7424 started as listener thread for np messages.

[Thr 8388] JControlIBuildProcessList: Maximum error count is set to 4

[Thr 8320] JControlSocketServerFunc: Thread 8320 started as handler thread for control socket.

[Thr 8388] INFO: Invalid property value [isWorker=true]

[Thr 8388] INFO: Invalid property value [shutdownMethod=com.sap.smd.agent.launcher.SMDAgentLauncher.shutdown]

[Thr 8388] [Node: SMDAgent] java home is set by profile parameter

[Thr 8388]           Java Home: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_36-x64

[Thr 8388] Wed May 02 10:49:45 2012

[Thr 8388] *** ERROR => JStartupIGetJDKInfo: Cannot find Java class file [./JdkDetection_8368.class]. [jstartxxi.c  1029]

[Thr 8388] *** ERROR => can't get JDK information (rc = -1) [jstartxxi.c  1269]

[Thr 8388] **********************************************************************

[Thr 8388] *** ERROR => JDK Detection failed.

[Thr 8388] *** Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'JDK detection issues'

[Thr 8388] *** for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 8388] **********************************************************************

[Thr 8388] *** ERROR => Can't read node [smdagent] from file [\\CS\saploc\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\smdagent.properties] [jcntrxxi.c   1893]

[Thr 8388] *** ERROR => can't initialize process [smdagent] from file [\\CS\saploc\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\smdagent.properties] [jcntrxxi.c   348]

[Thr 8388] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = -1)

[Thr 8388] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = -1)

It Said that It cant read the node from the smdagent.properties..

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What solman version are you using? The  easiest to solve this problem is uninstall the DAA, and re-install with sapinst.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN 7.1.. So I Need To Uninstall the DAA and Install It Back?? Is This Will Not Affect My System?

Because im In Post installation step now. I Already Install The SAP router And Configuring The Basic Operation For ABAP. If I Uninstall It, I Dont Have To Do All Of That Again??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahril,

DAA is the SMD agent which is installed for your Solman. From the trace , it looks like there is some problem with JDK detection.

Please refer the note Note 940893 - Analysis of errors within the startup of J2EE Engine 6.40

Thanks,

Jagadish.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No impact to your solman at all. DAA is an external small instance that use for RCA, system monitoring and etc. You can simply uninstall and re-install it. You can't complete or detect your DAA if it is down. What you need to do is just detect and attach the DAA for your solman and solman_setup after reinstall.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas,

The easiest way to solve this problem is uninstall and install it back. Now Its Running Fine..

Answers (0)