cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between normal context ,external context nd reverse context mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i want to clarify the difference between diffrent types of mapping especially reverse context mapping ,,''

is there any difference between external and reverse context mapping or both r same .

i hav searched throughout the sdn... i didnt find pls let me knw..

Thanks and regards..

lokesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

If the node is Interface Enabled, then automatically we will be able to transfer data between those components. We can call this as External Context Mapping as well Reverse Mapping.

Hope you can understand with below clarification. .

Let there are two components Comp1 & Comp2.

nodes of Comp1 are node1(interface), node2(Interface).

nodes of Comp2 are node3(interface), node4(Interface).

If you use Comp2 under Comp1. Then You can Take/Import/Read the values of nodes Node3 & Node4 of Comp2. As well You can set/bind/export values to nodes Node3 & Node4.

There is no difference. Some times when we set values to the nodes of Comp2 we will call Reverse. Don't get confuse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chengalarayulu D,

thanks a lot for ur answer ...i understand the difference...

nice example.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lokeswar,

I think u know what is EXTERNAL CONTEXT MAPPING...I thought rather than explaining what i understand below is the document which give u clear picture about what is REVERSE CONTEXT MAPPING

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d7/e551cf896c3a49bb87bb4ce38c99c8/content.htm

Regards,

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi farooq thanks for ur valuable link ...its also helpfull..

mainly i want to know that is there any difference between external and reverse context mapping , is there then what is the difference??

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lokeswar,

I think nothing much difference with both. Let me explain with sceniors

External Context Mapping -

When we re-use Comp1 in Comp2 ..Comp1 will be available in Comp2...With Comp1 Node (Interface Node) we can map to any of NODE in CC NODEor VC NODEor WC Node

Reverse Context Mapping 

Taking the same scenior -

When we re-use Comp1 in Comp2 ..Comp1 will be available in Comp2...With Comp2 Node  we can map the NODE in Interface Controller NODE of COMP1

I am not sure whether i have confused u with above scenior

Regards,

Farooq