cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grc 10.0 - control attributes - operation frequency

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using process control 10.0 

Q1.  There is an attribute named "operation frequency" within the definition of a control.  How can i configure some initial values for this attribute, so the values show up in the drop down list box ?  Could not locate any documentation on this attribute.

Q2.  If I have a test plan attached to this manual control, is there a way to have this test plan triggered on a periodic basis to perform tasks and collect evidence ?  Doesn't look like the planner itself has any plan activity that can do this.

I would appreciate any feedback on these 2 questions.

Thanks

Sreeni.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frequencies are maintained in the IMG under GRC -> General Settings -> Key Attributes - > Maintain Timeframe Frequencies.  The IMG help explains what needs to be done.  Keep in mind that some frequencies are hard-coded and do not need to be added to configuration.  These are: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.  This is loaded with a BC set, so make sure you have activated all the BC sets. 

Howqever, I think the Operation Frequency you are looking for is under the Process Control-Specific configuration, Edit Attribute Values, which is also configured with a BC set.  There is another frequency here, which is the frequency associated with an actual control.  In other words, how often the control operates.  For example, a reconciliation control might be monthly or quarterly. 

If you have loaded the BC sets (and you really need to activate all of them), you will see these in the drop-down.  These are the initial values, but you can add additional ones if necessary. 

If this is a manual control, when you plan the testing of this control, you can plan recurring tests.  This is one of the new features in PC 10.  Let me know if you can't find out how to setup recurring plans, because you should be able to do this, if the system is properly configured. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul.  As you suspected, I had not activated all BC sets.  I am now able to see frequencies.

However, looks like I am still missing an option to set recurring plans through Planner.  As an example-when I set-up a plan activity of "Test Control Effectiveness", I do not see any options to have this plan triggered at a specified frequency.  Please help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

You can follow the below path:

SPRO->Governance, Risk and Compliance->Process Control->Edit Attribute Values

-select the attribute 'PR-FREQ'

-Double Click on 'Values'(under attribute) which comes left.

Here you can customize the operation frequency values.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajewshwari.  This was very helpful.