cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice call - Unauthorized response.

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am making a Webservice call from MII.

Authentication has been enabled for wsdl access [Secured WS]. For this, i have created an Alias in Credential Stores. I enter the same in Webservice wizard's "Credential Alias" text box, after this i can see port/operation details.

In Configure Links, i am able to set values for the SOAP call  [values for UserName, Password, CredentialAlias nodes, etc ]

When i execute the Webservice i get the following response;

[ERROR] HTTP Status Message: Unauthorized

[ERROR] HTTP Status Code: 401

Can some one tell me what is missing?

I have other Webservice calls which work fine, Only difference is, in this case WSDL is secured and the ones which are working are not.

MII version: 12.2.2.235

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

There is no need to provide Username, password or credential alias in link editor unless you want to override the ones provided in configuration dialog. Please check whether the parameters provided in link editor for credential alias are the intended ones.

If the above checks are correct then there might be a genuine authorization problem in accessing that service.

Thanks,

Suhas

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suhas,

I tried without setting UserName, Password, CredentialAlias  in Config Links and still have the same issue.

UserName and password are correct. I am able to execute those webservices with SOAPUI and it works fine.

Also, the Alias has the correct user/pass, When i set the Alias i can see port/operation details in webservice wizard, Without that i get a popup with "SOAP Service could not be loaded: XMLProxyError: Status (401): Unauthorized" message..

Does MII support Secured Webservices call?

Thanks,

manuish02
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

Have you found out the root cause for the issue? I am facing a similar issue in my MII system.

Regards,

Manish

shaji_chandran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Yes MII support secured webservice call. For that you need to configure SSL on Netweaver Java AS

Thanks

Shaji

former_member203984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar,

DId you disabled the WSDLGenSecurityEnabled in the System Administrator Menu?

Pls check it should work.

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parteban,

According to documentation: "If the checkbox is not selected, any user can call the servlet to generate WSDL for a transaction; however, you must still have permission to run the transaction."

I think, this setting is to access a transaction on this MII system. am i missing something?

In my scenario, i am calling a Webservice which is on different system [and its not MII]

Thanks,