cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order related billing must reflect delivered item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a scenario in which i have to do down payment in sales order now in order to do this i must activate billing plan . I am able to create down payment but the issue is when i create partial delivery then create billing the billing document contain sales order number now how to do delivery related billing with down payment

Sales order  qty      Value

Mat-A         100    20000

Created down payment 20%

Now once i do VL01n i delivered 50 items now when it comes to billing i can only see sales order related items which are 100. My client needs to see billing according to delivered items but also need down payment . I am confused here what to do. if i select delivery related billing then i cant do down payment.

Need help please

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

unfortunately i was unable to resolve the problem related to applying the OSS note. so now we are using F-37 form for getting down payment from the customer, and sales order is delivery related.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nava,

Appreciate the quick reply.

Correct me if i am wrong. So, you are using F-37 to take all the down Payments received from the customer

i.e in this process you wdnt be using any milestone billing plan / raising DPR's to customers as invoices?....am i right? ...instead you opted for F-37 to account them as advances with sale sorder reference. if you are doing so as and when you process partial deliveries and do del related billing the account postings happen and the FI guy would later on adjust the payments taken as advances against the invoices raised.

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paven,

right... and invoice clearing is done manually by FI guy.

also there are some solutions for automatically clearing the DPM. please refer to SAP best practice: "732: Cross Channel Customer Order Management" and refer to this part: "condition based down payment"

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nava,

Please explain the business process.

You need billing plan and you are also delivering goods!

As you know, billing plans are generally for order-related billing.

And if the process is order related billing with delivery, then (generally) the delivery qty = order qty. E.g. cash sale process.

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter,

our business is make-to-order. when we get sales order, we should get down payment from customer (since the product is special for the customer, he should pay in advance)

but i have partial delivery, and in each delivery, we should enter invoice for delivered qty. when we use billing plan, as you know, the invoice will be issues with reference to sales order, so the billed qty will come from sales order, not delivery. if we dont use billing plan, we can not enter down payment for the sales order. so i applied note 726032 to change the billed qty in invoice, but i face mentioned issue.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nava,

Thank you for sharing the business scenario!

Downpayment should be for the order qty. Your company has committed to the buyer that they shall supply e.g. 2units.

Downpayment would be for 2 units.

During the manufacturing process, first 1 unit is created.

Thereafter the 2nd unit is created.

The payment installments (apart from the downpayment) may be for the qty per each delivery.

Please give your comments based on the business scenario (and the agreements with your customers)

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

any one here has the solution?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nava

Just go to vov7-- select item category ----here check item.Rel.f. delivery check box is there activate this

let me know

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

thanks for your reply. but this check box is related to item type A or B. means text item or value item, but my item is standard.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nava,

Shiva has given the OSS Note

Check OSS Note 726039 - Allow partial quantity billing for billing plans

Two points are important (and mentioned in the note)

1. Billing of partial qty can not be done for downpayment (only for billing plan without downpayments).

2. A requirement has to be added to the copy control VTFA, that shall check the delivery qty (minus invoiced qty) and then populate the qty in the billing document.

The source code for the requirement is also given.

Thus please take the help of an ABAPer to "implement" this note.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi TW Typewriter,

i have applied the OOS note in the system and it works, the problem with applying this note is:

i enter a sales order of 3, and i have get down payment for the whole qty (billing plan). now i want to deliver only 1 and invoice only 1. i enter delivery and Good issue for 1, and when i enter invoice (with reference to billing plan, not delivery) the qty is 1 (till here the it works fine).

next time i want to deliver 2, and invoice only 2. but after entering delivery and Good issue for 2, invoice will be issued with qty=3

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nava,

Thank you for the post!

I have not applied the note. My information is based on reading the note.

Extract from the note -

During the billing of a billing plan date, these copying requirements help to

calculate the quantity to be billed from the delivered quantity minus the

previously billed quantity.

Restriction:

This solution is only applicable for milestone billing plans without down
payment dates (without downpayment processing).

It clearly informs two points -

1. The note shall not work for milestone billing with downpayment.

2. The billing qty = delivery qty - previously billed qty

So, if 1 is already billed

Total delivery qty = 3

Then the next bill shall be created for 2 qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei,

Did you solved this problem?

i face this problem too.

i have implement the note, but it still not working.

i fill field BILLING QTY to 'B'  in VTFA.

the quantity in billing is correct. its taken from delivery qty. but the AMOUNT is taken full amount.

how did you solved this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hendry

I am still waiting for the solution i have tried ur suggested solution but no luck.

Material quantity is 10 in sales order once i do PGI of 2 and then do billing its showing 2 materials for billing but when i again do partial delivery like 5 more item (PGI) my billing shows total 7 items. 2 billed items and 5 new billing items total 7 items though i want to see separate

Delivered 2 items then billing  must reflect 2

Delivered 5 items then billing must reflect 5 not 7 (Order related billing)

Still waiting....

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you change the copy controls for the , vtfa`, billing quantity as F

after you will try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bojja for the reply.

I am doing Milestone when i did this settings

Now when i did first delivery of 2 items then i did billing it shows 2

when i did partial delivery of 3 items then i did billing it created lines  in billing

Kindly help me out i m using order related billing...

Mat truck (10 - Quantities)

Delivered 2 then billing with milestone 2

Delivered 3 then billing with milestone should be 3 but its showing line items of 5 and 5

Please help me out with it....

former_member363844
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sd unknown,

i applied OOS  note 726039, but i have exactly same problem. have u resolved the issue?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
srinivaskurma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

maintain billing type FAZ for down payment

When you create the SO and run the billing due list the down payment request is generated (FAZ)

FI will post incoming down payment against this request.

In the standard system, the billing item category TAND is set up to support delivery-related billing. It can be assigned to sale order type and the item category TAN (Sales Item) under  Billing -> Item Category Determination->  Assign Item Categories

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try by changing the billing relevance G for your item category.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Now i am not able to create down payment if i select G in my item category . How to solve it.