cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check not required at the sales order level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario where the system should not confirm the stock in the sales order even if the stock is in unrestricted use.

For ex: i have a material whose quantity is 0 at the time of creating first two sales orders.But before the creation of third sales order there was a production of 100 pieces of the particular material.Now when i create the third sales order the system should not confirm me the stock and instead should confirm the first two sales orders or based on the delivery dates.

Inputs required.

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is exactly the type of situation that V_V2 is designed for.

If you allow the 100 to be confirmed for the third sales order. Then run rescheduling (V_V2), the confirmed quantity will be redistrubuted to the orders with higher priority.

The system cannot prevent the confirmation of the third sales order as you are checking availability only for that sales orders. The first two sales orders are not being checked for availability at that time. That is why we need to use rescheduling to 'correct' the situation....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Try a situation like this.

1.       Uncheck the order combination in the shipping tab of customer master.

2.       Switch off the availability check and requirements @ schedule line category level.

3.       Make sure the delivery item category is relevant for availability check.

4.       Prevent the creation of delivery documents with zero quantity in OVLP for the subject delivery item category.

A.      Now suppose all the customers have the same delivery priority

B.      Create the sales orders for the customers.

C.      Then using VL10A create the deliveries

Please check and let us know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

as per my knowledge , in your case, before you create thrid sales order you should run back order process for first two sales orders based proposed delivery date.

regards

Vijay