cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics Setup of Managed systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have got an error when I am running the Diagnostics setup of managed systems like this:

Setup data could not be saved : Failed to store config file: setup/repository/SMP/SMP/SMP_0020165660.properties(cause=com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationLockedException Cannot lock C
onfiguration; it is already locked.)

Any idea of what this could be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created an oss message today and I will informe you about the result when the problem is solved.

Regards

Roald Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

The correct way to do this is as follows:

1. 8.1 Managing java stack settings

We recommend adapting the J2EE configuration of Solution Manager Java stack if an important number of Diagnostics

agents will connect to Solution Manager.

The Java dispatcher has an important role in the agent connection’s stability. Therefore, you need to adapt the

maximum number of threads in the pool and in the heap size configuration of the dispatcher to avoid some timeout

connection issues.

Dispatcher Parameter Recommended Value

Java Max Heap Size (-Xmx) Number of agents installed * 1.28 (minimum 128MB)

ThreadManager->MaxThreadCount ~ Number of agents installed * 1.75

Default value of MaxThreadCount

After an installation of Solution Manager, the default value of parameter MaxThreadCount in Java Dispatcher

configuration is set to 70. These settings allow by default to connect a maximum of 40 agents.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check once whether JCO RFC WEBADMIN got locked in manage system?

Are you getting the error in one particular managed system this error or you are not able to connect any of the managed system DAA to solman?

Please check,

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

The JCO RFC WEBADMIN is not locked in the system and I am getting the error in the Solution Manager system it self and since this happend I have not been able to run the Diagnostics setup for the managing systems

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Roald,

Check SAP Note No. 1274287 and make sure your LM-SERVICE version and others are in place.

You need to restart the system after that.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amo,

I have read this note, but it did not solve my problem. The Solution Manager System is on the latest SP28

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Roald,

Sorry about that.

This "Cannot lock Configuration; it is already locked" can typically be caused by an opened config tool when the setup was ran. Closing the Config Tool may solve the issue, but it is normally solved after a system restart. In this case the Solman system.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amo,

Thanks for your reply and I will ask my customer for a restart of the Solution Manager system and I will let you know afterwards.

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, please, keep me informed.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amo

The restart of the system did not solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

then check whether SOLMANDIAG and WEBADMIN RFC are working fine in your solman system and the user maintained in those rfc are not locked.

try to restart JCO RFC WEBADMIN once and check.

it is clearly solman not able to update the properties.

Check in SM04 any locked or long running user session, check and log off .

Thanks,

Jansi

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Roald,

No further idea, maybe the solman logs could provide more details about this error.

Sorry

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

I have checked the SOLMANDIAG and WEBADMIN RFC and they are both working fine. A restart of the JCO WEBADMIN has also been done with success and I did not find anylocked or long running sessions in SM04 either. Sorry:-)